Phillips 66 Pipefitter - Wood River Refinery in Wood River, Illinois
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Pipefitter , under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs all work for which qualified, in a safe and efficient manner including but not limited to repairing, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting, and servicing a wide variety of Refinery piping and equipment.
Responsibilities may include :
- Actively participates in the safety process
- Prepares JSA prior to start of job
- Reviews work prior to start and has material, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of craft productivity
- Fabrication and/or repair of piping, etc. using various welding processes as required (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW)
- Blinds off pipes, vessels, tanks, exchangers, etc.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, reports and permits to reflect activities
- Troubleshooting and planning maintenance repairs to ensure work is completed in a safe, environmentally-compliant, timely and cost-effective manner
- Proficiently executing and completing daily maintenance work orders
- Working and communicating effectively with Operations and other departments to assure understanding of full job scope, priority and timing for repairs
- Sets up work site with barriers, signs, tape or flags
- Works overtime, weekends, holidays and varied shifts, when required
- Working in/outdoors where exposed to weather elements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess valid Driver's License
- 5 years of experience in basic rigging, flange make-up, and measuring and piping fabrication
- Hold a welding certification
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays and varied shifts when required
- Able to:
Climb ladders and/or stairs up to 10 floors
Climb a minimum of 100 feet within caged ladder
Lift a minimum of 30 pounds
Perform work below grade (sumps) and in confined spaces
Perform work at heights
Bend, stoop, and lift
Perform work in sometimes hazardous conditions that require special personal protective equipment
- Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, SAP)
- 2 years of experience working in a refinery or similar manufacturing setting as a pipefitter
- 2 years of experience as a welder
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Wood River Refinery is located on the east side of the Mississippi River in Roxana, IL, about 15 miles northeast of St. Louis, MO. It is Phillips 66 largest refinery and operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49344
Department: Wood River Refinery
Location: United States - Illinois - Wood River
Job Field: Maintenance