Phillips 66 Process Unit Engineer - All Refineries in United States
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
A Process Unit Engineer uses technical expertise to achieve operational and project objectives by working to design, implement, control and optimize new and existing processes that are used in Phillips 66 refineries. By partnering with internal and external stakeholders the Process Engineer collaborates to build technically sound strategies around business improvement opportunities, safety enhancements and sustainability while reducing cost and maximizing profitability.
This job advertisement is a method that allows our team to source and screen qualified candidates in advance of upcoming job postings for our 12 US refining locations. When you apply online to this advertisement, you are showing our Talent Acquisition team that you are interested in learning more!
To learn more about our 14 refineries visit https://www.phillips66.com/refining
Responsibilities may include
- Troubleshooting and optimizing process operations and equipment
- Communicating and correcting process quality problems
- Providing technical assistance for operating procedures and catalyst management
- Participating in Process Safety Management (PSM) activities such as MOC, PHA's and LOPA
- Identifying and developing process improvement ideas and working to ensure ideas are incorporated into expense and capital plans
- Providing technical support for major turnarounds and unit shutdown / startups on shift schedule
- Monitoring/evaluating unit key performance metrics and maintaining effective monitoring reports, yields and trends
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Currently hold a valid driver’s license
- 3 or more years of experience in refining, petrochemical or related industry
- 5 or more years of experience working as a Process Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in refining
- 7 or more years of experience working as a Process Engineer
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 31, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48080
Department: Borger Refinery
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Engineering