Phillips 66 2019 University New Hire - Refining & Midstream Engineer in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . FIND A HOME FOR YOUR MANY TALENTS .
Phillips 66 is dedicated to helping University New Hires make a smooth transition into the professional world. That is why we have developed career-specific programs designed to give you the tools you need to maximize your potential and succeed in your new career.
Our Refining & Midstream operations are comprised of global refining, marketing and transportation of petroleum products and related specialty businesses. Through its Refining business segment, Phillips 66 is upgrading crude oil and other feedstocks into higher-value petroleum products including clean-burning gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, jet fuel, lubricants, petroleum coke and other specialty products while maintaining a high regard for safety and environmental limitations. Midstream owns or leases logistics assets to provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe delivery of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL.
As a Phillips 66 Refining & Midstream Engineering University New Hire you will participate in training and developmental programs which provide a comprehensive roadmap for early career engineers at Phillips 66. Our focus is to help you gain a more robust understanding of the refining and/or midstream processes and the energy industry in an environment that embraces collaboration and values your contributions.
- An introduction to Company practices, procedures and technical tools, technical training classes, participating in technical networks, and on-the-job training
- New Hire Engineers learn from internal and external experts and collaborate with more experienced engineers within your business
- Phillips 66 engineers may begin their careers by contributing in these key areas: Business or economic analysis, Control systems, Environmental, Equipment reliability and maintenance, Process design, Operations, and/or Projects
- Job assignments could be located in Linden, NJ; Houston, TX; Lake Charles, LA; Roxana, IL; Ferndale, WA; Billings, MT; Rodeo, CA; Belle Chasse, LA; Arroyo Grande, CA; Borger, TX; Ponca City, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Sweeny, TX; Amarillo, TX, Long Beach, CA, or Bartlesville, OK.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 University New Hire:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Science, Metallurgical, Civil or a related technical engineering degree
- Graduating in Winter 2018 or Spring/Summer 2019
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion in assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 46279
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No