Phillips 66 Instrumentation & Electrical Technician - Three Rivers, TX. in Three Rivers, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit https://grayoakpipeline.com/
This Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will be based out of Three Rivers, TX. and is primarily responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of Company pipeline assets located in and around the geographic area. The position will calibrate and inspect measurement equipment, conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction, maintenance and mechanical integrity projects on the pipeline. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Maintaining effective spare parts inventory.
- Assisting in pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations.
- Working with Pipeline Integrity and Reliability group for new technologies around rotating equipment.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical skills by attending training sessions and on-the-job training.
- Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Repairing minor electrical repairs.
- Troubleshooting control circuits for motors.
- Responding to emergencies and participate in emergency response.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising, directing, and training contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT).
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Reading and understanding pump curves.
- Reading and understanding P&ID's (process and instrumentation diagrams).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
To lift up to 45 pounds
To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work alone a high percentage of the time
To travel up to 15% of the time
To respond to emergency calls as needed
To work overtime on an as-needed basis
To work with chemicals and bases
To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. ie to be clean shaven (facial hair)
To perform firefighting duties
To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
4 or more years of relevant Industry experience (Midstream, Pipelines or Terminals) or Military experience
- 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
Electrical power and components
Digital and analog circuitry
One-line drawings and schematics
OMNI flow computer
Mechanical and rotating equipment
Intermediate level or proficiency using MS Office and SAP
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 5, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48377
Location: United States - Texas - Three Rivers
Job Field: Maintenance