Phillips 66 Capital Planning Specialist - Sweeny Refinery in Sweeny, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Capital Planning Specialist position will be responsible for supporting the Small Capital Projects program while working closely with the Project Engineering Superintendent, Project Engineers, Finance, the Project Controls Team, P66 Home Office staff and the various other Refinery and Terminal service organizations. The Small Projects Capital Planning Specialist reports to the Project Engineering Superintendent. They are responsible and accountable for setting up all capital projects and stay involved throughout the life cycle of the project till project closure.
The Capital Planning Specialist plays a key-critical role within the Project Engineering organization with a support function role in developing the 5-year Long Range Capital Plan, administering the corporate policies and procedures on funding, executing, cost reporting, investing and closure of all Small Capital Projects within the portfolio. The individual must be able to multitask, interact with other business units within the company, and be able to provide administrative funding and cost status on any given project when called upon.
The Capital Planning Specialist is expected to manage setting up of a multi-discipline project portfolio valued at $100+ million with small projects (less than $300 thousand), as well as larger single projects valued up to $75 million from inception to final closeout. Responsibilities include but not limited to setting up project funding requests in SAP, tracking of project “Life to Date” costs, tracking of monthly accrual and forecasting costs, leading routine project status tracking sessions, leading and setting up of new project concept review meetings, providing guidance to the rest of the organization on the funding of capital projects, and timely investment and closure of all capital projects at completion.
Responsibilities may include :
- Ensuring projects are setup and executed consistently with respect to safety, health, environmental and finance procedures.
- Daily workings with SAP and Microsoft Office Suites of software.
- Setting up of new capital projects in SAP, via the funding request paper work and the project database(ACCESS).
- Reviewing of and providing QA/QC checks for all capital project funding request packages.
- Daily workings with the Project Engineers, Project Controls team, Finance and Home Office staff in providing administrative guidance and support on Small Capital projects within the portfolio.
- Leading and facilitating the monthly project status, accrual and forecasting cost meetings.
- Support in developing the 5-year Long Range Capital Plan. This also includes uploading and distributing the final plan to the corporate website and Refinery Leadership Team.
- Leading and facilitating the new project concept meetings with Refinery Management.
- Multitasking, organizing and processing a project portfolio with hundreds of line items.
- Meeting corporate reporting deadlines on a routine basis.
- Interacting with various departments within the Refinery and Home Office as necessary to setup and execute Small Capital Projects.
- Facilitating and leading the material expediting meetings
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting the corporate Capital Projects policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assigning and delegating work to the appropriate Contractor personnel.
- Partnering and collaborating with the various internal and external groups to facilitate seamless project execution.
- Effectively controlling and manage the flow of administrative project information when requested upon.
- Optimizing and streamlining process and procedures as it relates to the Capital Planning Specialist position.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience with SAP with an emphasis on the workings of Work Break Structures(WBS), and PM and PS modules
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
- 3 or more years of either capital projects, project controls or finance related experience
- Working knowledge of cost accruals, cost forecasting, cost control and project controls
- Working knowledge of SAP requisitioning
- Working knowledge of the Project Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of schedule activities
- Working knowledge of engineering, procurement, material management, expediting, shop fabrication and field construction activities
- Working knowledge of refining processes, systems and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Refinery, and OSHA Safe Work practices
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction processes and systems
- Good grasp of project engineering, including project budgeting, project cost and project schedule control
- Ability to multitask and provide support to a large group of people
- Ability to strictly administer the Finance Capital Projects policies and procedures
- Ability to work within the hierarchy of the local and Home Office organization when it comes to Capital Projects
- Troubleshooting / problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong people skills and good team player
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Sweeny Refinery is located 65 miles southwest of Houston. This refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil, as well as light, low-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 14, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48244
Department: Sweeny Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Sweeny
Job Field: Procurement