Phillips 66 Process Controls Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Controls Engineer provides process control engineering expertise to design, configure and optimise control strategies contained within the Industrial Control Systems (e.g. DCS, SCADA and PLC) at the refinery and associated off site facilities.
Responsibilities may include :
- Design, configuration, optimisation and maintenance of regulatory control strategies (e.g. PID, Cascade Control) implemented within ICS systems.
- Providing process control assistance for all assigned projects and MOCs, including start-ups.
- Housekeeping, demolition or migration of obsolete control strategies.
- Performing daily analysis of process control related events (IMPACTs) and implement appropriate follow up actions including RCA.
- Developing and maintaining process control procedures, policies and lifecycle documentation ensuring evergreen status is maintained.
- Feeding process control improvements into ICS LRP, l&E Engineering maintenance budget and ICS TA/SUS scope.
- Performing review of process control aspects of ICS based MoC's and TD memos.
- Driving the continuous improvement of the DCS team process control engineering capability.
- Providing strategic direction and guidance to the refinery and its associated facilities in relation to ICS process control engineering.
- Assist with control scheme training and development of operators.
- Coordinate with advanced process control system engineers and specialists to ensure overall process automation/control objectives are achieved.
- Assist Instrument Engineer in developing and maintaining an effective maintenance program for control loops.
DCS Engineering support
In addition to the above, the role may also encompass the provision of the following support to the DCS team:
- Build DCS calculations, e.g. for new alarms, validation tags for non-Advanced Process Control etc.
- Design and Implementation of advanced alarm handling strategies, i.e. "smart" alarms
- Alarm parameter tuning
- Support Dynamic Alarm Suppression and other Honeywell applications
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Expert knowledge of basic process control system strategies with practical hands on experience of the design, implementation and optimisation of control schemes.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of DCS (primarily Honeywell TDC3000 and Experion), PLC, HMI and SCADA systems.
- Understands control engineering integrity standards and maintains competence in these fields
- Degree qualified Control, Instrument or Chemical Engineer (or equivalent) with experience in refining or a similar process industry.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institute and Chartered Engineer status (or demonstrable CPD with a strong commitment to achieve CEng status).
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and contractors.
- Excellent diagnostic and logical thinking ability.
- Balances short-term and long-term tasks with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and delivering on customer’s expectations.
- Self-starter and the ability to work in a diverse team environment
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Details about this job:
- Hiring Manager : [[hiringManagerName]]
- Location : [[mfield1]]
- Organization : [[custOrg]]
- Job Field : [[filter2]]
- Salary Grade Level : [[jobGrade]]
- Relocation : [[custP66Relo]]
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of [[custClosingDate]] .
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 49355
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Engineering