Phillips 66 Market Analyst in Singapore, Singapore
Reporting to Director, Market Analysis, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting Singapore Trading desks by providing short and long term fundamental analysis. The analyst will work effectively within a local market analysis group, but also share information and forecast with the global organization in Houston and London. The Market Analyst will also proactively engage with traders and trade managers to understand current and potential positions and tailor analysis accordingly. He or she is responsible for working closely with the trading strategists and analysts in other locations to identify and propose trading strategies based on fundamental analysis.
• Analyze fundamental data; update monthly supply and demand balances for Asia and Middle East. Track refinery maintenance, expansions, trade flows, and fuel specification changes.
• Model demand based on seasonal patterns like weather, holidays and economic expansion.
• Participate in weekly meetings with traders, collaborate and formulate the short-term market view and try to generate trading ideas.
• Maintain, improve and distribute fundamental reports for clean products, crude oil, fuel oil and LPG.
• Provide daily market updates of news and analysis pertinent to the heavy fuels markets worldwide. This would include market intelligence from a range of publications, news sources and original work.
• Provide ad hoc analysis and compile data as needed for the team.
• Provide ad hoc requests from Corporate and Commercial management presentations.
• Work with the chief economist office by updating the corporate long-range price forecasts.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance or economics.
• Financial, economic, statistical analysis or modeling experience required.
• Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with Excel, Access or other database software, statistical modeling software, and economic model development is a plus (R, Matlab, Eviews, Stata,etc).
• Coding experience in SQL and VBA or other programing language.
• Experience on a trading floor, with trading support, or in a refinery in a market/planning function.
• Proficiency in Microsoft software applications.
• Applicants must inform their immediate manager of their intention to apply and seek their manager’s concurrence for their application. In line with the spirit of open communication, we encourage applicants to discuss their interests with their manager or supervisor for the latter’s perspectives and support
• Selection will be made in consideration of the candidate’s qualifications and experience against the basic and preferred skillsets and requirements identified for the position and development needs according to the job requirements and business needs
Job Ref: 136805