Phillips 66 Quality Specialist in Selmer, Tennessee
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Quality Specialist conducts quality assurance audits of production facilities assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Consults with management to resolve quality problems. Functions as an information source to various company departments when quality issues occur. Function in conjunction with supervisor on internal audits of the QMS system and any department projects.
Responsibilities may include :
- Responding to quality related questions/issues on manufacturing floor as the first line of contact
- Assisting the Quality Supervisor (QS) in administrative matters, coordinate tracking of projects, develop data and reports needed for customer support (opening, tracking, closing, sustainment & measuring)
- Maintaining Quality Department files; provide telephone customer response back-up as needed, and any other duties assigned by the QS/ISO Management Representative
- Providing support to QS in ISO audits (internal and external), system compliance and any other ISO related assigned projects
- Participating in all internal audits of the QMS
- Scheduling outside calibration services on specialized equipment or gages
- Supporting Lab Manager in projects as assigned
- Providing lab vacation relief and lab support during periods of heavy workloads, etc.
- Providing production relief during heavy workloads
- Assisting in PPAP activities
- Assisting QS in establishing Raw Material Receiving Inspections and sampling plans
- Assisting QS/Production in SPC support and establishing critical parameters for Processes
- Assisting QS in Formal Problem Solving of NCR’s (Internal, Supplier & Customer)
- Operating lab equipment such as but not limited to: ICP, IR, Viscosity measurements, Pour Point and flash point equipment
- Testing incoming raw materials
- Performing routine quality control inspections
- Assisting in sample blending
- Ensuring completion of Quality and Chemical Analysis of Finished Oils
- Legally authorized to work in job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent or higher
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience reading component drawings
- Experience using inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, torque meters and scales
- Experience using laboratory equipment
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Previous auditing experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. As one of the largest finished lubricants suppliers in the U.S., Phillips 66 Lubricants is known for manufacturing and marketing high-quality base oils and sophisticated formulations in three lubricant brands: Phillips 66®, Kendall® Motor Oil and Red Line® Synthetic Oil. These premier products reach across every key market sector, including automotive, trucking, agriculture, aviation, power generation, mining and construction. For more information, visit www.Phillips66Lubricants.com .
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 30, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 43787
Location: United States - Tennessee - Selmer
Job Field: Quality Management