Phillips 66 Assistant Plant Manager in Savannah, Georgia
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for directing the operations associated with blending, packaging, shipping / receiving, scheduling, inventory, laboratory, maintenance, and warehousing at a Lubricants plant to ensure safe, environmentally sound and profitable operations. They must maintain alignment with our vision and values of Safety, Honor and Commitment through optimal utilization, strong reliability and cost control, consistent product quality, excellent customer service and employee involvement and development.
Responsibilities may include :
- Being a role model in displaying and insisting on world-class safety both on and off the job.
- Driving personal safety ownership in each employee; using personal engagement to teach/train/explain expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with P66/Lubricants policies and procedures as well as ISO/QS standards, and with all local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Assisting in development and delivery of site Business Plan and performance goals.
- Ensuring efficient plant operations in alignment with operating plans, budgets, and product quality standards. Responsive to calls 24/7
- Implementing projects and process improvements consistent with Lubricants business strategy
- Leading step-change improvement in mechanical integrity, identifying the top areas of risk and developing robust and relatively quick gap closure plans.
- Managing training and development of plant personnel to ensure the right talent is in the right role.
- Developing and motivating employees to ensure high standards of productivity, quality, safety, and environmental stewardship.
- Maintaining a respectful and cooperative relationship with the local bargaining unit and assist in negotiation of grievances and contract strategy.
- Administering personnel policies and practices (training, appraisals, coaching, and disciplinary actions).
- Coordinating plant operations with other Lubricants and Phillips 66 departments, including shipping, distribution, customer service, sales, etc.
- Seeking opportunities to maximize plant throughput and optimize operations through reduced costs and increased efficiencies.
- Prioritizing and seek approval for capital projects. Provide support for capital project implementation.
- Managing efficiently within approved O&O budget and develop 12+0 budget and operations update for LRP.
- Training and performing in the capacity of FSO (facility security officer) for site. Building strong relationships with regulators, USCG, local SSRC, municipalities and neighbors
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 7 or more years of experience in operations or manufacturing facility
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC); information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience, especially in a line organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical/Engineering
- Experience in supply chain, distribution, and operations
- Working knowledge of ISO or TS requirements
- Security training
- Strong leadership skills, including valuing people and diversity, ethics, safety, and environmental stewardship
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to ensure common understanding with others and including varied personalities and cultures
- Committed to continuous improvement and customer focus
- Strong economic evaluation sills, good understanding of product lines, plant operations and customer base
- Excellent planning and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent teamwork, influence and interpersonal skills
- Able to energize and motivate others; creates a culture of innovation and empowerment
- Strong people development skills, acts as a coach, teacher and thinking partner; identifies and challenges top performers
- Hold individuals and teams accountable for meeting high performance standards
- Ability to work with multi-disciplined and multi-skilled teams
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments and meets schedules
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. As one of the largest finished lubricants suppliers in the U.S., Phillips 66 Lubricants is known for manufacturing and marketing high-quality base oils and sophisticated formulations in three lubricant brands: Phillips 66®, Kendall® Motor Oil and Red Line® Synthetic Oil. These premier products reach across every key market sector, including automotive, trucking, agriculture, aviation, power generation, mining and construction. For more information, visit www.Phillips66Lubricants.com .
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 27, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 50844
Location: United States - Georgia - Savannah
Job Field: Operations