Phillips 66 Measurement Technician in Santa Margarita, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Measurement Technician ensures accurate custody transfer of crude oil and natural gas liquid for intra and intercompany movements in adherence with established Phillips 66 Pipeline Measurement Manual policies and guidelines, and applicable regulations and industry accepted standards.
Responsibilities may include :
- Understanding the methods of measurements used for custody transfer.
- Working knowledge of laboratory tests and procedures used to monitor and to certify products.
- Performing monthly Pipelines/Terminal gain/loss analysis.
- Utilizing common forms of measurement including the use of positive displacement meters, mass flow meters, turbine meters, and solids handling measurement and various tank measurement methods and systems.
- Working with company and outside engineers and vendors to design, fabricate and install custody transfer units to maintain measurement accuracy in accordance with company and industry measurement standards.
- Providing resolution suggestions regarding measurement system failures, including hands on troubleshooting and repairs when required.
- Eliminating, containing and reporting any and all product and/or crude leaks, seeps and spills.
- Ensuring roll-out and implementation of new measurement initiatives and policies and procedures and system upgrades.
- Reviewing and auditing metering systems to ensure end-to-end integrity and accuracy.
- Reviewing proving factors, flow computer and LC computations, data transmission, SCADA computations.
- Scheduling calibrations, inspections, audits, and other related activities with facility supervisors and other third parties.
- Programming and troubleshooting OMNI and other flow computers.
- Participating as witness to all company and third party prover and water draws.
- Assisting with the end of the month close out and subsequent proving of meters.
- Responding to emergencies and assisting in maintaining emergency equipment.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- 1 or more years of experience as a Measurement Technician
- Willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
Climb vertical and inclined steps/ladders up to 20 feet on occasional basis
Lift up to 63 pounds
Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material daily on even and uneven terrain
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Travel up to 25% of the time
Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
Be on call
Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Associate's degree or higher in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation, or Industrial Electronics
- 3 or more years of experience in measurement (volumetric, meter-based measurement systems, turbine meters, positive displacement meters, etc.)
- 1 or more years of experience with meter provers
- 1 or more years of experience with flow computers
- Familiar with API Bulk Oil Handling Guidelines
- Working knowledge of API measurement standards
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49382
Location: United States - California - Santa Margarita
Job Field: Maintenance