Phillips 66 Process Engineer - Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Process Engineers provide process technical expertise, troubleshooting and process design services focused on enhancing the safety, reliability and profitability of refinery process operations. This position interfaces with all departments throughout the refinery including Operations, Project Engineering, PSM, and Health & Safety, etc. This position resides within the Technical Services Department. The Phillips 66 Rodeo Refinery is seeking process engineers with various level of experience. Pay and exact title will be commensurate with the experience level of the successful candidates.
Responsibilities may include :
- Troubleshooting process operations to explain and correct process quality problems
- Performing process and economic studies to guide strategic and real business improvement
- Evaluating project alternatives for cost, business benefits, including return on investment, environmental and health and safety impacts
- Identifying and developing process improvement ideas and working to ensure ideas are incorporated into expense and capital plans
- Working closely with Operations Supervisors and Superintendents on process related issues
- Preparing process design reports for assigned projects. Design reports include:
Detailed process specifications such as flow rates, temperatures, pressures, fluid properties and duties for new or revised equipment
Red-lined Process Safety Information (PSI) such as (Heat and Material balances, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), etc)
Impacts to Health and Safety, Environment, Relief System Design, etc.
Preparing, maintaining and checking process safety information
- Participating in and leading Process Safety Management (PSM) activities such as MOC and PHA
- Participating in Phillips66 Network activities
- Participating in and leading strategic project development initiatives
- Mentoring and providing technical coaching to summer interns, new hires, and less experienced engineers and operators
- Preparing unit monitoring tools and key process indicator reports.
- Willing and able to climb through process equipment during unit outages and turnarounds
- Ability to travel for business needs 5-10% of the time.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Working knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards
- Willing and able to lead teams and mentor less experienced engineers
- Willing and able to complete complex assignments per schedule and within budgetary parameters
- Effectively interact with others and work in a team environment
- Understanding of process equipment design practices including control valves, pressure relief valves, pumps, piping, heat exchangers, etc.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- 5 or more years of previous Oil Refining or Chemical Processing Plant Experience
- 1 or more years of experience with PHA and LOPA process
- 1 or more years of experience with Honeywell DCS and process database systems (PI Process Book)
- 1 or more years of experience with process simulation software such as HYSYS, Pro II or AspenPlus
- 1 or more years of experience working with SAP
- Willingness to continually learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 28, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49805
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Engineering