Phillips 66 Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical - Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Maintenance Mechanic (Electrical), under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs any and all work for which qualified in a safe and efficient manner, including but not limited to repairing, insulating, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting and servicing a wide variety of electrical equipment, including motor controllers, starters, variable frequency drives, high voltage switchgear, electrical test equipment and electrical control system. Maintains and operates all equipment and tools required to support skills and sustains a well-kept and orderly site in performance of all work. Acquires additional skills and knowledge as required to become a proficient multi-skilled employee. Assists other personnel in accomplishing their work for the safe and reliable operation of the refinery. Must work in/outdoors where exposed to weather elements; some climbing and lifting. May be required to work in confined spaces or at elevated heights. Shift work, including days, nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Must be willing/able to respond to callouts during off hours due to business necessity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Participating and/or planning the safety process i.e. JSA's/TSA’s and performing safety observations to assure all plans are in compliance with applicable government regulations and established company policies, procedures and practices.
- Working with Operations and other groups to fully understand the scope, priority and timing needed for maintenance repairs. Ensures all work is completed in a safe, environmentally-compliant, and cost effective manner
- Reviewing work prior to start, assuring materials, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of craft productivity.
- Executing/completing daily and preventative maintenance work orders
- Initiating equipment defect elimination by identifying problem causes, taking immediate corrective action when practical, and recommending solutions to supervisors and engineers
- Developing/modifying maintenance or safety procedures related to maintenance work processes; individually or as part of a team.
- Reviewing technical manuals/procedures/specifications (in English) to effectively perform assigned work.
- Coordinating work of others, as needed.
- Working overtime, weekends, holidays and varied shifts, as assigned.
- Communicating effectively with all employee levels
- Sharing knowledge, skills and expertise with associates to facilitate a high performing organization.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- 18 years of age or older
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid Transportation Workers' Identification Credential (TWIC) or qualify for a TWIC card by start date.
- Must be willing and able, with or without accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
Work overtime (including weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts)
Respond to afterhours callouts
Lift up to 50 pounds
Work in enclosed spaces such as tanks and silos
Work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
Climb up to 200 feet in height; work at elevated heights
Work around chemicals, including acids and bases
Wear Nomex fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear/eye protection)
Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly
Ability to be on call and respond to callouts during off hours due to business necessity
Work outside in harsh weather condition
4 or more years of industrial maintenance experience in troubleshooting, including protective relaying, servicing and repairing motor controllers, starters and electrical control systems and possess ability to work on high and medium voltage circuits
- Completion of a (1) Certificate or degree from an accredited technology school or (2) Level 4 NCCER electrician certification or (3) other accredited apprenticeship program that includes technical knowledge certification or (4) 5 of more years of industrial maintenance experience and has passed a final accredited technical knowledge certification
- Must be able to read, follow and understand schematics, drawings (including ladder logic), and electrical one line diagrams in English.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- SAP/CMMS experience
- Military training and experience is recognized
- Certified General Electrician card from State of California Division of Industrial Relations
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Able to effectively interact with all organizational levels and value diversity
- Demonstrated communications and teamwork skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 23, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48529
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Maintenance