Phillips 66 SPRING 2019 Technical Intern - Refining Rotating Equipment Technician - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
A technical internship with Phillips 66 Refining will allow you opportunities to make contributions that support our Refining organization:
Ponca City, Rotating Equipment Technician Internship: Interns will work with Rotating Equipment technicians daily in varying tasks on compressors, pumps, and fans. The internship includes work rotation in the Central shop doing tear downs and rebuilds as well as at the Field shops installing and removing equipment.
- Work side-by-side with experienced craft professionals
- An introduction to Company practices, procedures and technical tools, technical training, and on-the-job training
- This Internship opportunity will be located at our Ponca City, OK. Refinery
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Rotating Equipment Technician Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Available for a minimum of eight continuous weeks
- Currently enrolled and pursuing an Associates of Applied Science in Natural Gas Compression or Industrial Mechanical Technologies with a graduation date Spring 2019 or Summer 2019
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To work outside in an oil refinery environment
To enter and work in confined spaces
To climb ladders and towers
To wear Personal Protective Equipment including fall protection and respiratory protection
To lift 50lbs, bend, climb stairs, and perform a wide range of physical activities related to job duties
To understand and carry out work direction in a safe manner
To maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven) if applicable
Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) qualified (For more information, you can visit www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm )
- Accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 46001
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: Yes