Phillips 66 Repairman Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Repairman Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery will work in the maintenance department of the Refinery. The positions are typically straight day jobs, subject to occasional shift work, turnarounds, call outs and mandatory overtime. Repairmen are responsible for repairing, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting and servicing a wide variety of processing equipment. Equipment includes: pumps, seals, valves, fans, reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, and gearboxes. This work takes place in all areas of the refinery, outside exposed to the weather elements and to blowing air, heat, noise and vibration. The refinery processes involve hazardous and volatile materials under high temperatures and pressures. The work may take place at heights on vessels and towers and/or in confined spaces.
Responsibilities may include:
- Installation, removal, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment.
- Installing tubing and piping components, including flanges, unions, joints, gaskets, nozzles, valves.
- Blinding and un-blinding equipment for maintenance.
- Reading machine drawings, P&IDs, schematics and technical manuals for responsible execution of work assignments.
- Perform basic rigging.
- Coordinate work of others as needed.
- Operate fork lift, man- lifts, and overhead cranes.
- Operate torque equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, manual).
- Manual machining including engine lathe, milling, and shaft grinding, drilling, and sawing.
- Shaft alignment (laser).
- Mechanical seal removal, installation, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Three or more years of experience in either pump repair, machinist, or diesel mechanic field or related studies.
- Experience in computer usage basics including e-mail, Microsoft Windows navigation, SAP.
- Ability to clearly communicate, written and oral (English language).
- Ability to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, work permits, instruction manuals (English language).
- Completion of an apprenticeship, certification or associate degree program in area Pump Repair, Machinist, Diesel Mechanic fields or related studies.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 4, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48799
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Maintenance