Phillips 66 Plant Electrical Specialist in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Plant Electrical Specialist provides electrical technical support for the plant’s 13.8kV – 480V distribution system, including system planning, troubleshooting, failure analysis, design, commissioning, testing, and preventative maintenance. This role contributes to the development of electrical design and construction standards and provides support for and technical input to project drawing reviews, construction, coordination, and cost management.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing technical support for the implementation of electrical improvement projects.
- Providing technical support for the plant’s electricians.
- Developing design packages for small capital and expense electrical projects.
- Reviewing design packages developed by others for conformance to Company and plant design standards and required Codes.
- Providing technical support for scope development and planning of electrical predictive and preventive maintenance to be executed during unit turnarounds.
- Supporting documentation systems and processes that maintain accurate electrical equipment information.
- Supporting the development and implementation of systems to collect failure data on the plant’s electrical equipment.
- Performing analyses of failure data and recommend improvements based on the results of the analyses.
- Supporting criticality assessments of the plant’s electrical equipment and distribution system.
- Providing leadership for the plant’s Fault Study and Relay Study, and the evergreening of those studies as changes occur.
- Providing technical support for Area Electrical Classification questions and lead the evergreening process for the associated documentation.
- Utilizing Life Cycle Cost and Decision & Risk Analysis processes to assist with electrical repair vs. replace decisions and infrastructure project needs.
- Providing technical support to assist with the identification and development of predictive and preventive maintenance processes to supplement our existing processes.
- Serving as technical resource for root cause failure analyses involving electrical equipment.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associates of Technology and/or Electrical Technology Degree or related Technology field or higher
- 5 or more years of experience as an electrical designer or equivalent experience
- Currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Experience working with AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Experience working with ETAP and system modelling
- Experience creating and keeping electrical LOTO books and isolation drawings for large electrical projects
- Experience testing electrical equipment such as CT’s, Transformers, Cables, Relays, Breakers, etc.
- Experience reading relay coordination curves
- Experience creating relay settings files
- Experience working with or specifying medium and low voltage switchgear
- Experience working with or specifying medium and low voltage MCC’s
- Experience working with or specifying medium and low voltage motors
- Experience with electrical design in Class 1, Division 2 classified areas
- Experience developing reliability improvements to electrical distribution systems
- Experience creating arc flash calculations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 24, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 44863
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Maintenance