Phillips 66 Operator Entry Level - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Operator Entry Level - Ponca City Refinery works rotating shifts on various units within the Refinery, which process or produce crude oil, petroleum, coke, fuel oil, intermediates, gasoline, diesel, steam, electricity, and other products. Some of the processes involved use hazardous and volatile materials under high temperature and pressure. Operators are exposed to various work conditions including outside weather and elements, blowing air, heat, noise, vibration and occasionally working from heights and in confined spaces. Operators must follow safe work practices including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). In addition, Operators perform various duties required to keep their assigned processing unit/area operating safely and at specified production/run rates.
Responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining equipment and operations.
- Climbing ladders, tanks and towers
- Taking samples/readings of various process steams
- Initiating work orders and permitting for work related to the assigned unit
- Maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment
- Communicating effectively during the shift and at shift relief regarding key process unit and equipment information
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current valid driver’s license
- Currently hold or are able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- Associates Degree and/or Certification in Process Technology or Power Plant Technology
- 3 or more years of experience working as a process operator in a refinery, chemical, power, nuclear or wastewater treatment facility
By submitting your application you agree to perform/comply with the following:
- To work at least an 8-hour rotating shift and up to a 12-hour rotating shift, which includes some weekends and holidays (Employees generally work 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next, rotating between days and nights)
- To work overtime
- To work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
- To work near large, hot, high-speed machines
- To climb up to 250 feet in height
- To lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- To work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- To wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- To maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- To perform fire fighting duties
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To work with petroleum products that are under high pressure and heat
- To read technical procedures and materials in English
- To learn computer software associated with process operations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 4, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48787
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Operations