Phillips 66 Procurement Associate Placement in Northeast Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
If you want work experience that really counts, consider a placement with Phillips 66. We are now looking for a business or law student to join us for a one-year industrial placement starting in summer 2022, working in our procurement & contracts team based at our Humber Refinery.
If successful, your time will be spent gaining valuable commercial and contracts experience working within this busy department, as part of the UK Procurement team supporting sourcing and contracting processes for Refining (Humber Refinery) and Marketing (JET retail and wholesale) operations in the UK. You will assist in the implementation of specific functional goals and to provide the focal point for transactional procurement and tendering & contracts support to business stakeholders.
We are looking for a student who will have completed at least their second year of a degree in a business or law related degree and are on course to achieve a minimum grade of 2:1.
The placement will commence in July 2022
What are we looking for?
• A pro-active self-starter
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Someone who is highly motivated
• Good team player who is able to collaborate with others
• Confidence to work on your own initiative
• Ability to be innovative and problem solve quickly
• Someone who has the ability to prioritise effectively and manage conflicting priorities
• Someone who is confident/capable when dealing with others at all levels in the organisation
• The legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions.
• Working towards a minimum 2:1 in a business or law related degree
• Competent IT knowledge
• Strong communications skills both written and verbal
• Commercial awareness
• Have completed some previous work experience or held part time position successfully.
What Phillips 66 will offer you:
• Opportunity to get real industrial experience with responsibility and accountability
• Ability to integrate with and learn from experienced professionals
• Opportunity to become part of our Early Careers Network and take part in fun, informative and social activities
• Free daily lunch whilst working on site
• Free accommodation for the first 6 weeks of your placement so you can get to know the area and other students.
• Free access to our onsite gym
• Competitive Salary
The Humber Refinery is located on the east coast of England in North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, approximately 180 miles north of London. Humber's facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, hydrodesulfurization, thermal cracking and delayed coking units. The refinery has two coking units with associated calcining plants, which produce high-value graphite and anode petroleum cokes. It processes crude oil supplied primarily from the North Sea and includes light, low- and medium-sulfur and acidic crude oil. Humber produces a high percentage of transportation fuels. It is the only coking refinery in the United Kingdom, and a major producer of specialty graphite cokes and anode coke. Approximately 70 percent of the light oils produced by the refinery are distributed to customers in the United Kingdom by pipeline, rail car and truck, while the other products are exported to the rest of Europe, West Africa and the United States.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all pre-screening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date 10th October 2021 .
Applications will be reviewed periodically throughout the advertising window. However, we may invite candidates who pass our screening process to selection events on a first-come, first-served basis and making offers of employment to people who are successful at those events, therefore we advise that you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Our assessment days will be held at our Humber Refinery on Tuesday 9th November and Wednesday 10th November 2021 and will include an overnight stay and may include dinner with some of the team. Please ensure you are available to attend these dates when submitting your application.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 54573
Location: GBR - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Division : Humber Refinery
Technical Req : No