Phillips 66 Terminal Operator - North Salt Lake City, UT in North Salt Lake, Utah
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Terminal Operator is responsible for providing support for operations by maintaining and operating equipment and processes at our North Salt Lake, UT Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing routine pipeline and/or terminal maintenance.
- Monitoring controls for pipeline delivery and receipts.
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oil.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
- Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures Guide and Local Operating Procedures Guide.
- Responding to emergencies and maintaining emergency and measurement equipment.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (Computer-Based Training).
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
- Assisting with transport driver and new employee training.
- Maintaining the Loading Rack accounting system data base for customers, carriers, drivers, etc.
- Monitoring and enforcing all safety rules and regulations.
- Completing daily, weekly, monthly office inventory reconciliation, additive, agency and other required reports.
- Assisting with construction/maintenance projects and pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to perform/comply with following items, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
Raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc
Work a rotating shift, overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
Respond to callouts during off hours
Work alone a high percentage of the time
Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry level test.
- 1 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry or relevant military environment
- Associate's degree or higher in a related discipline (process technology, industrial, etc.)
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and rotating equipment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word; and SAP
- Experience with Lock Out Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, Critical Lifts and Line Locates safely and effectively
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 25, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49354
Location: United States - Utah - North Salt Lake
Job Field: Operations