Phillips 66 Mechanical Engineer - Mont Belvieu, TX in Mont Belvieu, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Mechanical Engineer leads rotating and fixed equipment reliability improvements to maximize system availability, minimize lost profit opportunities, and minimize cost of ownership. The Engineer provides rotating and fixed equipment technical expertise to pump and turbine maintenance, operations, projects, and overall mechanical integrity programs.
Responsibilities may include :
- Applying rotating and fixed equipment technical expertise to support maintenance, operations, projects, turnarounds, and other mechanical integrity activities.
- Troubleshooting key refinery rotating equipment bad actors and developing and implementing improvement plans.
- Communicating and managing emerging high-risk pump and compressor issues through to resolution.
- Executing Reliability Management System and mechanical integrity system requirements for rotating equipment.
- Functioning as an equipment discipline lead for rotating equipment.
- Completing criticality ranking analysis and specific equipment plans for assigned rotating equipment to improve reliability.
- Leading root cause failure investigations.
- Developing scope of repairs for equipment maintenance and ensuring high standards of QA/QC.
- Partnering with internal mechanical shop and key off-site repair shops to improve the quality and cost of repairs.
- Generating and monitoring equipment performance metrics to identify gaps and measure improvements.
- Routinely communicating status and condition of equipment.
- Networking with other P66 facilities to share expertise and develop common work products.
- Evaluating and implementing equipment best practices as appropriate.
- Supporting predictive maintenance programs by interpreting data, auditing and measuring effectiveness to drive improvements, and implement cost-effective technology improvements.
- Completing PSM requirements for rotating and fixed equipment such as PHAs, MOCs, PSI updates, etc.
- Being actively involved with operations and maintenance techs and planning groups in scheduling of equipment repairs within assigned process units.
- Providing Technical support during in-plant and off-site repairs/rebuilds of facility rotating equipment to API and industry standards on assigned equipment.
- Identifying projects for rotating and fixed equipment that would improve HSE, reliability or profitability. Then, creating Authorization for expenditure (AFE) and manages project during execution.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience as a Rotating Equipment or Reliability Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience working as a Maintenance or Fixed Equipment Engineer
- Intermediate level of proficiency in SAP – PM & PS Modules
- Intermediate level of proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 28, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49644
Location: United States - Texas - Mont Belvieu
Job Field: Engineering