Phillips 66 Senior Financial Analyst - Los Angeles Refinery in Los Angeles, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to and is under the general direction of the Finance Manager. The role provides leadership, services, advice, and counsel in the financial services in a timely, cost effective manner and in accordance with all Company policy and procedures.
Responsibilities may include :
- Being an expert user of SAP and assist others in the refinery.
- Being the lead role in monthly closing activities.
Reviewing cost center activity and reporting results to operations
Performing margin analysis and submitting results in CRD
Responsibility for Data Integrity related to the monthly closing
Analyzing utility costs
Preparing monthly accruals as needed
Preparing monthly cost forecasts and analysis for review with Refinery management
Preparing monthly financial package for Refinery Leadership Team Review
Assisting in Budget preparation and long-range plan development and implementation.
Working with refinery management to coordinate cost and margin budgets
Analyzing results and review with Refinery Leadership
Loading results into CRD and submitting to headquarters
Responsibility for Data integrity related to the Budget and LRP
Leading role in SOX controls and audits.
- Being able to learn fundamentals of other refinery accounting roles in order to back-up and assist.
- Assisting Engineers/Project Coordinators with project data integrity and cost management.
- Ad hoc analysis requests from refinery personnel and Refining Headquarters.
- Preparing Month, Quarter, and year-end accounting and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting in preparing and presenting monthly budget reports including variance analysis and explanations.
- Assisting in margin analyses as needed.
- Assisting with preparation of Solomon data.
- Assisting refinery personnel with account coding issues.
- Assisting Payables personnel with complex issues.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (with 12 or more hours of Accounting classes)
- 3 or more years of related finance / accounting experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Confident working in various computer systems (e.g., SAP/ERP (Essbase/Hyperion), etc.)
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, with ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work across functions and disciplines
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be Considered for this Position :
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 19, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00). This Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49249
Department: Los Angeles Refinery
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles
Job Field: Accounting/Finance