Phillips 66 Process Engineer in Los Angeles, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Engineer will provide process technical expertise and services focused on enhancing the safety, reliability and profitability of a process flow, a specific unit performance, and capital projects. This position interfaces with all departments throughout the refinery including operations, maintenance, health/safety/environmental, business planning and technical services along with pertinent outside resources. This position resides within the Technical Services department.
Responsibilities may include :
- Generating and developing process design improvement projects and studies for strategic and real business improvement.
- Providing process specifications, including heat and material balances, marked up P&ID’s, hydraulic calculations, process flow diagrams, project design bases, equipment data sheets, and instrument data sheets.
- Completing process hazard analysis and process safety management (PSM) requirements.
- Preparing and supporting detailed engineering design and construction of projects.
- Supporting commissioning and startup of new and modified facilities.
- Providing guidance to Operations consistent with environmental, design and operational requirements.
- Provides process consulting to Operations, when requested, to assist with refinery troubleshooting and optimization.
- Manages contractors and other engineers as needed for large or complex projects.
- Occasionally working outdoors around the units and have the ability to climb ladders and towers and wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of direct experience in refining or the petrochemical industry
- Experience with process simulation programs such as Hysys, Proll or AspenPlus
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Experience in evaluating relief valve sizing and flare systems
- Prior Process Engineering experience executing/completing Capital Projects
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be Considered for this Position :
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 15, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00). This Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 46605
Department: Los Angeles Refinery
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles
Job Field: Engineering