Phillips 66 Operations Training Coordinator in Long Beach, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Operations Training Coordinator is accountable for implementing Midstream Operations’ employee training program within a region. Strong and effective leadership, aspiration for people training and development, planning, scheduling, collaboration and effective communication with employees are key expectations for this position.
Responsibilities may include :
- Planning and coordinating employee training curriculum for Midstream operations personnel (maintenance, technicians, new hires, field staff functions, represented and non-represented workforce).
- Ensuring training records are accurate and properly maintained.
- Identifying employee skills assessments to determine opportunities for knowledge based training.
- Developing and enhancing programs and training processes to improve employee performance.
- Identifying and analyzing training issues that arise and proactively look for ways to resolve.
- General thinking partner with affected stakeholders to ensure training is effectively prioritized, scheduled, executed and effective.
- Staying abreast of the volume of training requirements and coordinate with Region leadership to ensure employees remain on schedule.
- Coordinating with affected stakeholders to ensure standardized OQ training practices exist between regions.
- Coordinating changes to training curriculum database and assist supervision with refresher/retraining requirements driven by policy/procedure revisions.
- Tracking and validating completion of required OQ and PSM training and procedural reviews.
- Coordinating effective administration of training program via the coordination of training fairs, CBTs, and formal instruction as appropriate.
- Providing metrics to Region leadership on upcoming and overdue training.
- Performing industry benchmarking for training effectiveness; pursuing streamlining opportunities.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing an overall training program
- 5 or more years of experience working in the oil and gas industry
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience working with represented and non-represented workforce
- Development of long-range training plans and budgets
- Working knowledge of Learning and Development and Learning Management Systems
- Working knowledge of compliance training and training matrixes
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SAP; Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Associate’s degree
- Technical degree or certification
- 10 or more years of experience in pipeline and terminal operations, maintenance and/or engineering in oil and gas or related industry
- 10 or more years of experience working in Midstream
- Working knowledge of internal and external training using facilitation tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of operations and maintenance work processes
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 19, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49170
Location: United States - California - Long Beach
Job Field: Operations