Phillips 66 Senior AML & Financial Crime Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Basic Purpose / Accountabilities:
To conduct Anti-Money laundering (‘AML’) and Know Your Customer (‘KYC’) activities on behalf of the Phillips 66 Commercial organization’s trading and non-trading operations in the UK, providing assurance to senior management that the requirements of our external financial regulators and law enforcement agencies are being met (such as the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA’) and the National Crime Agency (‘NCA’)). In addition, providing assurance that our business is conducted in accordance with the Phillips 66 corporate policies. This requires extensive dialogue with traders and business representatives and their business support teams, management, counterparties, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and trade associations.
- Conduct sanctions, Politically Exposed Person (‘PEP’) and financial crime reviews of potential new counterparties to ensure any relevant risks to Phillips 66 are identified and mitigated.
- Perform sanctions, PEP and financial crime reviews of certain existing external counterparties to update details and address any material changes in possible financial crime risk.
- Liaise with counterparties as necessary to obtain documentation relating to AML checks.
- Assist with on-going monitoring of counterparties, for example investigating alerts from automated and semi-automated screening tools (such as Dow Jones Factiva and Thomson Reuters World Check)
- Work with the team to enhance the AML programme. Draft and update processes and procedures as required.
- Ensure AML records are created and retained in the correct manner and meet all FCA retention requirements.
- Ad hoc advice and guidance to other business areas i.e. IT, Contracts Management, Marine.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience at either an oil firm, energy trading house or wholesale bank
- Experience of using WorldCheck One and Factiva
- Legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
- Knowledge of AML regulations inclusive of POCA, FCA, rules, JMLSG, guidelines and Money Laundering Regulations 2003, 2007 and 2017.
- Knowledge of multiple legal entity structure types and associated documentary requirements.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Sharepoint.
- A strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivation with affinity for detail; someone who can take the initiative when required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 17 December 2018.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 48147
Department: Legal - International
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Legal