Phillips 66 Optimisation Lead in London, United Kingdom
Optimisation Leads are accountable for the optimisation of feedstock supply and product liftings across the Phillips 66 European Refinery System, collaborating with Refining, Marketing and Commercial to make the best general interest decisions for Phillips 66. Each Optimisation Lead takes accountability for either feedstocks or products, with rotation of responsibilities to meet business requirements and foster development. The incumbent will work closely with Refining, Commercial and Marketing and be accountable for ensuring the smooth and effective operation of the STOP (Short Term Optimisation Process), implementation of Regional Products and Feedstock Teams (RPT/RFT) action items, contribute to long range integrated strategy development and perform economic analysis of investment opportunities. The incumbent will report to the Value Chain Optimisation Manager, Europe who will give guidance to each commodity Optimisation Lead so that a fully integrated approach to cross refinery operational planning, product placement and commercial trading is assured for each product stream and market.
The Optimisation Lead will also coordinate the Inventory Management Program ensuring accurate forecasting and aligned hedge programmes are established. Close attention to program alignment and accuracy is required to ensure effective price risk management for each refinery operation. In addition, the Optimisation Lead will help prepare the weekly price forecast.
Transatlantic Optimisation and Continental JV Refinery operations are also within the scope of this role.
Key Activities (1)
- Facilitate STOP meetings to establish alignment between Commercial, Refining and Marketing on optimum feedstock supply and product placement across NWE refineries.
- Evaluate feedstock purchase plans and product placement economics to identify opportunities to enhance value through substitution and trading activities.
- Lead end-to-end supply/ demand planning and forecasting process and communicate cross functionally.
- Ensure that Marketing supply reliability is balanced with maximising general interest and trading value.
- Understand and evaluate system constraints, challenge operational assumptions and identify opportunities to remove constraints to deliver additional value.
- Liaise with the other Optimisation Leads so that seamless and integrated approach via STOP to slate changes manages any disruption to commercial and operational plans. Support the STOP team and provide cover for other STOP Leads.
- Take accountability for the price forecasting process to extract, consolidate and communicate prices.
- Take accountability for the inventory management process and ensure forecast stocks are integrated into the overall management plan for inventory hedging purpososes.
Key Activities (2)
- Develop turnaround product re-supply plans tracking costs associated with planned and unplanned outages.
- Report all general interest value associated with substitution/optimisation via the Optimisation Tracking Tool (OTT).
- Work with the Traders and the Global Optimisation group to capture value from Trans-Atlantic supply and value chain optimisation.
- Contribute as an active member of the Regional Feedstocks and Products Teams and implement action items.
- Contribute to long range integrated strategy development through collaboration with UK, CBU and Houston.
- Serve as a resource for regional Business Development opportunities and perform economic evaluations of investment opportunities.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
- Engineering/downstream refining experience preferred but not essential.
- Proven analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on limited information.
- Acts decisively under pressure.
- Can understand and will work in the general interest.
- Must be an excellent networker and actively engage in difficult challenges.
- Sound business knowledge/judgment and an ability to work independently, though must be a strong team player.
- In depth knowledge of key value drivers and value chain economics.
- Good communication skills and ability to present to others clearly.
- Can frame issues within the overall corporate strategic plan.
- Have both vision and leadership; foresees future business trends and builds strategies to compete effectively.
- Champions internal change to align company capabilities with market dynamics
The successful candidate will gain an understanding of Downstream and Commercial value creation, as well as establishing networks in all functions. The position is an excellent platform to move into other key roles in Marketing or Commercial.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 27 May 2019.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 50832
Department: Value Chain Strategy & Optimization
Location: Great Britain - London - London
Job Field: Optimization