Phillips 66 FP&A Business Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
Supporting either the Commercial or Marketing functions the role will be accountable and responsible for the provision and validation of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting including presentation of month end results, key business metrics and analysis of annual and monthly budget/forecasts for corporate and local management.
• Preparing timely and accurate information and adhering to strict deadlines
• Reconciliation of monthly earnings and management/performance earnings
• Calculate and present monthly management reports to local management for the area of the business to which assigned
• Report monthly variance analysis to the US headquarters in Houston
• Load monthly financial and statistical data to Corporate Reporting Database (CRD) and Commercial Reporting Database (ComRD)
• Supporting one or more business areas in the preparation of the annual budget and interim financial outlooks
• Analysis and presentation of capital expenditures and controllable costs for one of more business areas
• Provide pro-active and comprehensive business analysis, financial advice and performance measurement to the Commercial/Marketing Leadership teams and their direct reports, to support decision making and to evaluate and optimise business plans, strategies and objectives
• Provide functional expertise and guidance for economic evaluations, including reviewing white papers and providing guidance where required
• Be a key business support and add value to the organisation
• Assist in any adhoc projects or requests as and when required
Critical Skills/Leadership Criteria
Hold the legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions, or meet the relevant criteria for employer sponsorship under the UK points-based immigration system.
Obtained a business/finance related degree from an accredited University.
Strong financial and analytical background, ideally part qualified but this is not essential.
Ability to leverage market perspective when interpreting and communicating data.
Ability to provide guidance and business support that balances business need and corporate compliance.
Prepares and deliver clear, concise, accurate, and effective written and verbal material/messages according to the needs of the audience.
Accepts ownership, is accountable for results and delivers on commitments.
Able to work with a high level of detail and accuracy whilst working under pressure and multi-tasking.
Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
Strong IT skills, importantly Excel, and preferably SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), Hyperion, and Right Angle.
Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom or meets the relevant criteria for employer sponsorship under the UK points-based immigration system.
Desirable but not essential: experience with cost accounting.
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 15th June 2021.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 53591
Location: GBR - London
Job Field: Accounting/Finance
Division : Finance - International
Technical Req : No