Phillips 66 Process Engineer in Linden, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Process Engineer – Bayway Refinery provides process technical expertise and services focused on enhancing the safety, reliability and profitability of the process units. This position interfaces with all departments throughout the refinery including operations, maintenance, optimization and HSE.
Responsibilities may include :
- Monitoring / evaluating unit performance and maintaining effective monitoring reports
- Troubleshooting operational and process quality problems
- Generating a strong business case for unit optimization opportunities and driving those items to completion
- Generating process design improvement projects for strategic and real business improvement
- Participating in major project scope definition, economic justification, development, startup and optimization
- Providing technical content for operating procedures
- Completing process hazard analysis and process safety management requirements, including the completion of action items
- Ensuring full management of change compliance with all of their activities
- Supporting catalyst management activities
- Maintaining assigned process safety information
- Developing and monitoring key performance metrics for assigned units.
- Providing guidance to operations consistent with safety, environmental and operational requirements
- Assisting in preparation of and maintaining capital and operating expense budget
- Interfacing with Licensors for technical support
- Willing and able to climb (with or without reasonable accommodations) through equipment infrequently during normal operations and more frequently during turnarounds and other high intensity work periods
- Supporting unit turnarounds including work lists identification/justification, procedure writing and reviews, equipment inspection (from operations perspective), etc.
- Day-to-day support of their respective operating unit to meet short- and long-term operating plans and the refinery business plan
- Transferring knowledge and skills
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of direct experience in refining and/or the chemical industry
- Willing and able to climb through equipment infrequently during normal operations and more frequently during turnarounds and other high intensity work periods
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Ability to establish work priorities based on greatest business needs
- Understands and uses functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Encourages creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Experience with process simulation programs (Aspen preferred)
- Computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and process database systems (PI)
- Engenders trust
- Committed to continuous learning and ongoing self-development
- Commitment, dedication, and willingness to support management direction
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and team player skills; the ability to work with and incorporate ideas of other organizations (i.e., safety, maintenance, environmental)
- Ability to coordinate and provide leadership for multiple issues and prioritize them appropriately given HS&E concerns (i.e., compliance items), business, and personnel needs
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Bayway Refinery is the largest refinery on the East Coast located in Linden, New Jersey. This major industrial complex runs 240 kb/d of crude oil producing petroleum products including gasoline, diesel, heating oil and jet fuel serving the New York metropolitan area.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 13, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48263
Department: Bayway Refinery
Location: United States - New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Engineering