Phillips 66 Instrumentation & Electrical Technician in Linden, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
This Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will be based out of Tremly Point, NJ and is primarily responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of Company pipeline assets located in and around the geographic area. The position will calibrate and inspect measurement equipment, conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction, maintenance and mechanical integrity projects on the pipeline. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Maintaining effective spare parts inventory.
- Assisting in pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations.
- Working with Pipeline Integrity and Reliability group for new technologies around rotating equipment.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical skills by attending training sessions and on-the-job training.
- Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Repairing minor electrical repairs.
- Troubleshooting control circuits for motors.
- Responding to emergencies and participate in emergency response.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising, directing, and training contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT).
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Reading and understanding pump curves.
- Reading and understanding P&ID's (process and instrumentation diagrams).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
To lift up to 45 pounds
To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work alone a high percentage of the time
To travel up to 15% of the time
To respond to emergency calls as needed
To work overtime on an as-needed basis
To work with chemicals and bases
To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. ie to be clean shaven (facial hair)
To perform firefighting duties
To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
Currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
- 3 or more years of experience working Pipelines
- 3 or more years of experience working with electronics
- Electrical power and components
- Digital and analog circuitry
- One line drawings and schematics
- 3 or more years of experience with the following:
OMNI flow computer
3 or more years of direct experience working on mechanical and rotating equipment
- 3 or more years of direct operational experience in the petroleum industry
- Journey Man’s license in related fields of electrical, mechanical or instrumentation
- Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) on MS Office and SAP
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 26, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 44404
Location: United States - New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Maintenance