Phillips 66 Contract Specialist - Lake Charles Refinery in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Contract Specialist is responsible for the development and fulfilment of Procurement Contract requirements for assigned Phillips 66 Lake Charles Refinery. The role will execute the sourcing and contracting of goods and services required for the business. This also includes the execution, operationalization, and life-cycle management of sourcing and contracting strategies while ensuring alignment with applicable Category Management strategies.
Responsibilities may include :
- Contributing to Procurement objectives by executing the Procurement strategy
- Supporting and contributing to Procurement goals by providing the expertise necessary for development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of leading contracting processes and standards
- Interfacing with Category Management to drive alignment on category and contracting strategies and contracting requirements
- Developing strong results-based networks with key business leaders at Phillips 66 to facilitate sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Compiling with relevant policies and standards and minimizing risk and cost exposure
- Safety/health of yourself and those working with you, promoting the health and safety of others, and performing quality work in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner
- Executing all components of the contracting processes (contract strategy development, negotiations, T&Cs, implementation, maintenance and monitoring, etc.)
- Developing sound, fit for purpose contracts of the highest standard, and to the schedule requirements of the business
- Compiling with Procurement Policy, Internal Control Standards, and Contracting Processes and Standards
- Striving to achieve all aspects of contracts excellence: planning, solicitation, development, negotiation, execution and operationalization
- Providing sourcing process execution in support of Phillips 66 Category Management initiatives
- Implementing new contracts, uploads contracts into the Phillips 66 Ariba system and ensures effective hand over to and understanding of contract terms by business stakeholders
- Using knowledge of SAP Ariba to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of contracting management processes
- Supporting the use of Company systems (Ariba, SAP, ECM, CCM, ERC, ePayables)
- Advising and participates with Category Management and Strategic Sourcing teams during commercial negotiations
- Driving formal RFx (requests for information, proposals or quotes)
- Performing pre-bid and pre-award meetings
- Analyzing suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost, safety and quality assurance
- Prepares bid evaluations and seeking appropriate approvals of awards
- Developing and incorporating advanced contracting strategies as appropriate, including most effective compensation structure (T&M, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Lump sum, Unit Based, etc.), potential incentive/liquidated damages, and other potential commercial levers
- Coordinating contract dispute resolutions and documenting the outcome
- Leading the site Approved Contractor process
- Managing the site Risk Mitigation Plan process
- Reporting cost savings monthly
- Supporting turnaround work schedules
- Participating in the Emergency Response Organization
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associate's degree
- 5 or more years of experience with Procurement sourcing and contracting experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline
- Knowledge or firsthand experience with refinery, chemical plant or midstream work processes
- Working knowledge of SAP and other procurement technologies (e.g., e-Sourcing, contract lifecycle management, SRPM)
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Construction of the Lake Charles Refinery was completed in 1941 at a cost of $4.5MM. The refinery was originally designed to process 7,500 barrels of crude oil per day to supply high-octane aviation fuel to WWII war planes.
Through 75 years of upgrades, LCR now processes 244,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Each upgrade of the facility brought additional complexity and market advantages. Most recently, LCR completed a $300MM dollar project to meet clean fuels regulations.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 20, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49241
Location: United States - Louisiana - Lake Charles
Job Field: Procurement