Phillips 66 Senior Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Senior Data Engineer will play a key role in contributing to the success of machine learning and artificial intelligence projects across the company, by partnering with respective business owners and leveraging data to identify areas of improvement & optimization. S/he will build deliverables like business process automation, equipment health monitoring tools, demand forecasting models, prescriptive energy optimization systems etc. that provide edge to business decision making and can scale with growth. The role sits in the sweet spot between technology and business worlds and provides opportunity for growth, high business impact and working with seasoned business leaders.
Responsibilities may include :
- Create systems for storing, extracting, transferring, loading, and modeling data to be used for both production systems and machine learning projects
- Implement data engineering systems in Microsoft Azure, AWS, Hana, and other systems, including open source data science tools to meet the needs of our internal customers
- Build end-to-end solutions to solve high value business needs in a sustainable, innovative manner
- Engage in constant process improvement, always looking for opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce failures
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer related field, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, the physical sciences
- 5 or more years relevant work experience in software development
- Able to understand the diverse business requirements and be able to translate those requirements into applicable solutions
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, etc.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as SQL, R, Java, Scala, or Python
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- 7 or more years relevant work experience in software development
- 2 or more years of experience in a non-IT role in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Strong client focus and management of client expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences
- Ability to write clear proposals and technical documents
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 27, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 47627
Department: Information Technology
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Information Technology