Phillips 66 Senior Business Analyst, Gray Oak in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Senior Business Analyst, Gray Oak is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of custody transfer liquids measurement and inventory data for Gray Oak pipeline and terminal assets for Phillips 66 Pipeline, Phillips 66 Partners (MLP) and JV systems. The Analyst will work as a principal member of the Scheduling team, using the electronic flow measurement system to analyze and validate ticket data, oversee gain/loss performance, interface with BD and accounting to resolve customer issues, and provide support to schedulers in managing shipper inventory positions and ticketing processes for demurrage and product transfers. The Analyst will be a member of the Gray Oak project team prior to asset startup.
Responsibilities may include :
- Supporting centralizing the ticketing, measurement, and gain/loss analysis processes and policies as part of the integration team.
- Proactively partnering with individuals across Midstream; including, Field Operations, Measurement Specialists, Accounting, Control Center, SCADA, Logistics, and Scheduling to align cross-functional processes.
- Demonstrating strategic thinking to develop, and recommend improvements in business plans, processes, and operations to support business decisions and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Analyzing system inventory of Line fill and facility tank inventories.
- Analyzing and resolving ticket exceptions through measurement data system against field equipment configurations and gain/loss performance.
- Publishing physical gain/loss analyses and investigation reports to key stakeholders in the Operations Leadership Team, Regional Managers, Area Superintendents, Accounting, and Schedulers.
- Effectively communicating with the Measurement Specialists, Measurement Technicians, Scheduling, Accounting, Business Development, and Customer Service to resolve data and balance issues.
- Generating reports and other documentation required by external parties, including auditors and regulated entities.
- Developing and providing subject matter expertise on measurement, ticketing, and gain/loss data systems (FLOWCAL and TRAC66), SOX requirements, FERC regulations, and Tariffs and Contracts.
- Providing analytical and process support to Schedulers in monitoring shipper inventory positions, managing Product Transfer Orders, and tracking demurrage events to align with ticketing and billing of events.
- Following company guidelines, measurement and API standards, FERC regulatory, and contractual requirements in analytical work flow processes.
- Facilitating troubleshooting of customer questions and issues related to ticketing, measurement, and gain/loss.
- Interfacing with internal and external customers to provide reports, data and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the import of crude quality sample analysis data for completion of net tickets and validating for accuracy.
- Producing measurement data for timely handoff to accounting for monthly allocations, settlement, and balancing to meet closing and invoicing time constraints.
- Resolving issues identified during the closing process in a timely manner.
- Leading key projects and initiatives in support of the Gray Oak nomination to ticketing process.
- Working closely with the Logistics Business Systems team to align master data setup for new connections, new assets, new crude grades, and new customers.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or another relevant quantitative program
- 5 or more years of experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 5 or more years of experience analyzing and interpreting data, trends, and researching variance drivers
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
- 3 or more years of experience working within a Midstream, Finance, Refining, or Commercial organization
- 3 or more years of experience with an electronic flow measurement system, flow computer operation, and/or an understanding of data acquisition via telecommunication and SCADA system
- Experience in statistical process control, validation, and analysis for large data sets
- Experience using the following IT systems: FLOWCAL, TRAC66, SCADA, SAP and PI
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49444
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Operations