Phillips 66 Senior Analyst, Process in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Senior Analyst, Process improvement will provide a single point of contact for optimizing the risk calculation, measurement and reporting processes supporting our company's Commercial trading organization. This analyst will develop a detailed working knowledge of the interconnected trade valuation and risk measurement systems to ensure that these systems continue to meet the demands of a global energy trading organization. The role is critical to delivering timely, accurate Profit / Loss and Value at Risk data to traders, risk managers and the executive leadership team.
Responsibilities may include :
- Make risk-related calculations more transparent and globally consistent.
- Ensure that risk measurement processes meet Commercial objectives.
- Drive consistency in forward curve designs across multiple target systems.
- Report Value at Risk (VaR) and Exposure daily for the global trade portfolio.
- Work with the global risk team to develop temporary system workarounds as required to support accurate risk measurement for the business.
- Take the lead in building and executing system test plans and coordinating testing activities within the market risk function.
- Trouble shooting VaR and PnL issues down to the individual deal level.
- Streamline risk-related systems support (market setups, master data, curves).
- Work with risk managers to build functional requirement documents whenever changes to risk systems are required to support the business.
- Collaborate with multiple functions (Risk, Pricing, Accounting, Finance, IT) to achieve the above.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 or more years of experience building or validating price curves
- 1 or more years of experience working with position valuation calculations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Visual Basic (VB) and Excel
- Ability to interact well with the traders, position control analysts, finance and accounting groups in a trade floor environment
- Experience with Energy Trading and Risk Management systems (ETRMs) and associated supporting software (Solarc, OpenLink, Aligne, Morningstar/LIM)
- 3 or more years of experience with the mid/back office responsibilities of an energy trading organization
- Familiarity with crude oil and refined products commodity trading
- Ability to provide support on all days that commercial conducts business (will include some corporate holidays)
- Proficiency maintaining complex Excel models that use Visual Basic
- Ability to develop SQL-based queries to perform price integrity checks and troubleshoot data anomalies
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible and able to adapt
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 24, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 47512
Department: Global Risk & Compliance
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Risk Management