Phillips 66 Risk Engineer in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Risk Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing the pipeline Risk Management Solution for Phillips 66 Pipelines including performing risk analysis on assigned pipeline assets, providing pipeline integrity related technical support, development and continuous improvement of pipeline integrity related programs, systems and applications. This position will report to the Supervisor, Risk Engineering.
Responsibilities may include :
- Planning and executing requirements of the IMP including identifying, prioritizing, and addressing integrity threats for assigned pipeline assets.
- Implementing the risk assessment, threat evaluation, risk ranking, long-term assessment planning, P&MM (Preventive and Mitigative Measure) determination and tracking on selected pipeline assets.
- Full understanding of the pipeline integrity threats and risks for assigned pipeline assets.
- Running risk model for specific assets including coordination of data collection, understanding the risk algorithms, reviewing and confirming results, and utilizing the risk output.
- Initiating and leading interaction with appropriate subject matter experts and other stakeholders for specific threats to assist in planning and to secure feedback on program improvements.
- Providing support on regulatory audit-related response.
- Providing training and support to other company groups as needed such as Division Engineers, IT, Corrosion, In-line Inspection, Pipeline Data Systems, Field SME, Business Development, Engineering and Projects.
- Identifying and presenting potential pipeline integrity process improvements and follow-through with implementation once stakeholder and management agreement for the improvement is obtained.
- Reviewing, editing and providing risk analysis regarding any proposed procedure or process variance requests.
- Providing support for other aspects of integrity-related programs, processes, and procedures as required.
- Representing company in regulatory interactions as needed.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 3 or more years of experience working with historical pipeline integrity datasets such as in-line inspection, pressure test and pipeline assessment records
- Working knowledge of PHMSA Part 192, 195 and AMSE B31.8S standard
- Working knowledge of ArcGis, Tableau, ESRI mapping, Pipeline Risk Model and Risk Management Program
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 10% of the time
- Ability and willingness to coordinate projects and programs with field operating personnel, SME, project engineers, and outside entities as needed
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine processes and procedures
- Ability and willingness to understand and implement all company’s job-related processes, procedures, guidelines and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify, characterize, communicate, and resolve complex pipeline data issues in support of a risk program
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps in processes and follow through with solutions
- Demonstrated ability to review, organize, and utilize detailed information
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write, and document processes and procedures
- Ability to interpret industry and company standards and procedures
- Knowledgeable of different Risk Models such as Quantitative Risk Model, Relative Index Model and Semi-Quantitative Risk Model
- Knowledge of general pipeline operations standards, practices and procedures
- Knowledgeable of vended Risk Model software solutions
- Fundamental knowledge of pipeline integrity threats and their associated mechanisms
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 26, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49205
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Engineering