Phillips 66 Manager, NGL Project Integration in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Manager, NGL Project Integration provides overall leadership for the Project Team in progressing major capital project(s) and managing project approval and funding through FEL stages. This position is accountable for ensuring seamless integration across the various functions such as Major Projects, Midstream Projects and Operations, VCS&O, Commercial, Finance, Tax, Legal, HSE, etc., as required to deliver a safe, reliable and competitive project that meets the business’ needs.
Responsibilities may include :
- Understanding the Midstream Growth Program strategy and market drivers and ensure alignment of assigned capital project(s)
- Ensuring transparent communication of the value proposition, critical success factors and assessed alternatives
- Ensuring projects/opportunities are evaluated in accordance with general interest principles
- Coordinating business unit and senior management interactions, ensuring frequent communications and effectively managing the project approval and funding process through FEL1/2/3
- Integrating multiple functions across the project, including Finance, Legal, Projects & Procurement, Commercial and Business Development, Refining, Investment Appraisal, Tax and other business units
- Developing relationships with corporate support groups to assist with specialized needs as required, such as audits, reviews, technical collaborations, etc.
- Supporting license to operate and permitting issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing the Project Stakeholder Plan and maintaining stakeholder interface
- Supporting commercial agreements and ensuring alignment with project scope, estimate, and schedule
- Resolving conflicts and making decisions in the best interest of the project
- Identifying and applying industry best practices and technologies that advance the project
- Accountability for managing project transitions including the Prepare to Operate and Prepare to Commercialize requirements and turnover of the project upon completion in conjunction with the Prepare to Operate Manager
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 or more years of experience in the energy industry including, but not limited to, operations, project management, logistics, and/or a technical role in Downstream, Midstream and/or Transportation
- Strong understanding of technical engineering issues, project scope, construction, productivity, and related uncertainties
- Understanding of business and finance issues, including project economics, investment appraisal, budgeting and long-range planning
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance or a related field
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Minor/certification in a financial discipline, MBA or similar
- Certification in meeting facilitation, negotiations, and/or leadership skills
- 5 or more years of experience with running/coordinating/managing and approving very large capital projects
- 5 or more years of experience with managing capital project portfolios
- 7 or more years of experience and demonstrated skills with capital project evaluation
- 7 or more years of supervisory, management or team lead experience
- Influencing skills, including the ability to work across departmental and functional boundaries in a matrix organization
- Understanding of project dynamics so problems and challenges are anticipated and mitigated in a timely manner
- Strong networking skills to develop a good resource base of information and contacts
- Ability to characterize and communicate project dimensions, risks and challenges readily to senior management
- Ability to maintain a calm, focused and rational demeanor under pressure-filled situations and negotiations
- Experience in the project FEL process
- Experience and strong understanding of Integration Management/Coordination with a variety of Stakeholders
- Self-starter capable of working with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 19, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49206
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Strategy