Phillips 66 Foreign Trade Zone Analyst in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Foreign Trade Zone Analyst works with the P66 refineries that have been designated with US Customs as Foreign Trade Zones. The FTZ Analyst gets an opportunity to work with many counterparts including, refinery personnel, US Customs officers, accounting personnel, and commercial personnel. The FTZ Analyst has an opportunity to develop a proficiency in government reporting and will be relied on to apply knowledge and expertise in many challenging situations.
Responsibilities may include :
- File zone admissions for foreign feedstocks with US Customs
- File estimated/actual weekly zone activity with US Customs
- Run weekly attribution of zone receipts to shipments to optimize import duty savings
- Pay duty and other fees based on zone attribution
- Provide support for US Customs site visits to refineries or US Customs information requests
- File Annual Foreign Trade Zone Board Report
- Perform numerous FTZ compliance reviews
- Act as the liaison between P66 FTZ and US Customs for import related issues
- Interact directly with US port officials and US Customs officers.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 or more years of experience in regulatory affairs, compliance, or finance/accounting
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of IT systems
- 3 or more years of experience in Foreign Trade Zone compliance related to commodities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or International Trade
- Customs Broker with FTZ entry skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required due to daily interaction with refinery personnel, accounting analysts and government agents
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints of weekly and daily commitments
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Team player and effective problem-solver
- Ability to master multiple IT systems quickly
- General understanding of the Petroleum Downstream business
- Experience researching and interpreting Customs Regulations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 24, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 46246
Department: Global Risk & Compliance
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Risk Management