Phillips 66 Director, Pipeline & Terminal Projects in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Director, Pipeline and Terminal Projects is responsible for supporting and facilitating the development implementation of Commercial Midstream projects. This position will support Project Integration Managers (PIMs) in progressing specific and targeted key projects thru the FEL process, execution, and into operation.
Responsibilities may include :
- Understanding the Midstream Growth strategy and ensuring alignment of assigned capital projects with that strategy
- Prioritizing progression of economically sound and commercially supported projects
- Coordinating internal and external resources to scope and cost Midstream projects and initiatives
- Coordinating and managing internal and external resources in establishing the commercial justification and risks of such projects
- Refining and validating project economics
- Ensuring projects are setup to deliver expected and well-defined commercial deliverables
- Working autonomously, when needed, and in collaboration to shepherd one or more projects through early engineering, into execution and successful operation
- Coordinating the preparation of FEL, AFF, AFD, AFE and white-paper documents to effectively progress the project approval and funding process through FEL-1/2/3
- Monitoring and maintaining engineering, spending, and execution progress on these projects
- Driving Midstream competitive project execution and fit-for-purpose Midstream industry solutions
- Collaborating/engaging a broad range of stakeholders in the advancement of the project. This may include Projects, Procurement, Operations, BD, Communications, Commercial, Refining, Finance, Legal, Tax, Investment Appraisal, and external stakeholders.
- Leading the resolution of project challenges by identifying bottlenecks, resource constraints, gaps in RACI and establishing path forward plans
- Cultivating and utilizing a network of stakeholders to minimize time to commercialization
- Supporting, developing and maintaining PIM tool, i.e., share drive, PIM onboarding documents, calendars, models and presentations to facilitate learning and documentation
- Employing program and project resources and technical expertise to provide technical leadership in service of highest value project outcome
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance or related field
- 5 or more years of industry experience including operations, project management, logistics, and/or technical in Downstream, Midstream and/or Transportation
- 3 or more years of experience in the project FEL process
- 3 or more years of experience in development of project economic evaluations
- Highly developed writing skills, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Influencing skills, including the ability to work across departmental and functional boundaries in a matrix organization
- Strong facilitation skills – ability to manage upwards and help secure understanding, ownership and commitment to activity timings, within key discipline leads
- Multi-tasking – ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and/or adjust to priority adjustments
- Self-starter capable of working with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49231
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Business Development