Phillips 66 Director of Projects in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Projects Director is responsible for providing quality project management support for Phillips 66 Midstream Project Mangers. This includes the full range of project engineering and management support from initial FEL development through engineering design, construction and project close out. The Projects Director is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects to meet the business needs and delivers projects in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
Responsibilities may include :
- Assignment of projects as they are approved to the individual project managers on the team and managing the project managers assigned workload
- Coordination and management of multiple projects of varying individual size up $500MM on an individual project basis
- Ensure all project management activities are implemented in a manner consistent with Phillips 66 core values delivering superior safety, quality, schedule and cost performance
- Ensure project management team is developing detailed Project Execution Plans which include engineering and construction activities, cost estimating, schedule and risk evaluation
- Coordination of project safety resources and implementation of safety policies, programs and reporting requirements
- Ensure project management team is developing bid specifications, contractor / vendor identification, and conducting bid evaluations in accordance with procurement policy
- Proactive identification and capture of lessons learned, synergies and knowledge share opportunities across Midstream, L48 and overall Phillips 66 organization
- Support development of specific process, procedures or templates that form the Midstream Project Management System
- Active engagement and leadership in change management, risk evaluation and hazard reviews
- Completion of project closeout documentation including as-build drawings and technical, construction, operations handover data
- Responsible for talent enhancement of project managers through feedback and coaching, development of leadership skills, and addressing any performance gaps through development plans
- Partnership with Midstream Commercial & Business Development group for strategic projects
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 7 or more years of direct engineering experience
- Previous Midstream project and/or construction management experience
- Awareness of industry recommended practice, design methods and QA/QC requirements with respect to checking procedures, incorporation of agreed changes and document control
- Experience managing engineering and construction contractors
- 30% travel to work sites and engineering offices will be required to support project development, engineering design activities, field construction activities and PTO/commissioning support
- 7 or more years of direct project management experience
- Knowledge of Phillips 66 management of change principles
- Knowledgeable of and proficient user of SAP modules
- Track record of continuous professional development
- Professional Engineer registration
- Understanding of federal, state and local regulations, industry standards and DOT requirements
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment
- 5 or more years of pipeline, terminals or Midstream experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 18, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48256
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Engineering