Phillips 66 Construction Engineer in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Construction Engineer reports directly to the Manager of Construction & Projects and works closely with and in support of Project Managers with the primary responsibility to plan and coordinate project construction activities and contractor resources. Responsibilities also include optimization of the contractors and project construction methods, plans and work process to ensure work is conducted in a safe, efficient, environmentally responsible and cost-effective manner, while adhering to all regulatory and company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities may include :
- Actively managing the safety of his/her assigned contractor activities and projects, ensuring all Midstream safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered to in order to achieve ZERO incidents/accidents. Ensuring Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs) for all assigned projects occur in a timely fashion prior to commissioning activities and tracking all identified deficiencies to completion.
- Managing project field construction work scope, schedule, budget, contracts and change orders. Providing contractors direction for the project construction execution and setting job performance expectations.
- Coordinating project and PTO (prepare to operate) activities with operations to minimize the impact the project has on facility operations.
- Working with all applicable operations, project and business stakeholders to develop an integrated plan and schedule for commissioning a mechanically complete facility.
- Coordinating contractors and their crews to ensure high labor productivity, quality and efficiency. Reacting to potentially adverse conditions by providing field decisions and coordination to avoid or minimize scope changes and ensuring timely completion of the work. Developing progress recovery action plans with contractors as appropriate.
- Participating in managing and controlling budgets for assigned projects and contractor activities. Managing and controlling field changes. Assisting in tracking and forecasting project costs. Leading and communicating effectively to resolve construction safety, schedule, cost, quality, etc. issues as required.
- Participating in project status, contractor bidding/selection and construction kick-off meetings.
- Consulting with Engineering, Integrity and Technical Service groups to ensure construction work meets the requirements of mechanical, process, codes, policies and standards.
- Consulting with front-end project planning and development resources assuring constructability, resource availability, accurate estimates, and optimizing project design / execution plans.
- Keeping abreast of changes and improvements in construction technology and the capabilities of midstream oil and gas external suppliers, manufacturing/fabrication shops and construction contractors.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, construction management, or technical related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- 5 or more years of direct project construction management experience
- Fundamental understanding of change management, design/hazard and project startup safety processes (MOCs, HAZOPs and PSSRs)
- 10 or more years of project engineering, maintenance, construction and/or engineering experience
- 3 or more years of midstream industry pipeline and facility experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP, Primavera, MS Projects
- Professional certifications in construction and/or project management. (Examples: Certified Construction Manager-CCM, Project Management Professional-PMP, NACE, API, AWS, NCEES, OSHA, ACI, etc.)
- 1 or more years of direct or contractor personnel supervisory experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 21, 2018
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48332
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Engineering