Phillips 66 Category Lead in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Category Lead role is responsible and accountable for leading the team development and implementation of organizational and commercial strategies within Automation, Instrumentation, and Engineered Electrical categories. This role ensures the efficient and effective execution of the Phillips 66 Procurement Work Process by procurement employees to meet Business Unit (BU), functional partner regulatory, and financial requirements.
Responsibilities may include :
- Development of sourcing strategies with key stakeholders and BUs
- Providing commercial strategy education and drive implementation through technical and commercial networks
- Tracking performance and ensuring compliance
- Drafting, negotiating, executing, and implementing legal T&Cs and commercial terms
- Actively seeking opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency within the category
- Compiling market information and supplier knowledge to understand their impacts upon supply and supplier competitiveness
- Serving as the primary communication focal point with the corporate supply base
- Monitoring functional team efficiency, quality, and managing goals; ensuring that category team and individuals understand the expectations and take appropriate action when needed
- Promoting an environment that stimulates creative thinking, contingencies and options that focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 or more years of relevant industry experience with the named category (Automation, Instrumentation and/or Engineered Electrical)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with Procurement / Supply Chain
- Strong influential leadership skills
- High level of interpersonal effectiveness
- Adept at communications
- Critical thinking
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 27, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49816
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Procurement