Phillips 66 Carbon Market Analyst, Global Specialties in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Carbon Market Analyst, Global Specialties is an excellent developmental role to gain commercial experience and experience frequent interactions with marketers, schedulers and all modes of transportation and refining. This position will provide market analyst support for all grades of Petroleum coke including Needle Coke, Anode Coke, Fuel Coke and other specialty coke, produced from all Phillips 66 refinery in the U.S. and U.K. Analysis will also include value chain and logistics economics, business development and product substitution evaluations.
Responsibilities may include :
- Support supply/demand analysis for Needle, Anode, Ti02 and Fuel coke, including alternative demands for Phillips 66 carbon products
- Support Sulfur supply/demand analysis as needed
- Develop logistics analysis including truck, rail, barge and dry bulk shipping for all carbon and sulfur products
- Participate in weekly carbon meetings, providing insight on market developments
- Provide prices and analysis for variety of secondary markets including coal, aluminum, steel, etc.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and compile data as need for marketers
- Provide market data and presentations for Specialties Management
- Provide weekly Short Term Optimization Price (STOP) forecast for all carbon products
- Provide annual corporate long-range price forecast for carbon
- Support other Specialties products as needed i.e., Sulfur, Solvents and Polypropylene
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering/Technical
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to support business-focused analyses and decisions
- Proficiency in Morningstar
- High degree of ethics, personal drive and dedication to achieve team goals and objectives
- High degree of collaborative skills.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and participate on cross-functional teams
- Strong willingness and ability to support internal customers in business requirements
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and a rapidly changing work environment
- High degree of motivation and ability to take initiative to achieve results.
- Ability to meet multiple goals with competing priorities.
- Excellent planning skills; work towards meeting customer needs
- Experience in refining
- Experience in modes of logistics
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 19, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48316
Department: Global Specialties
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Strategy