Phillips 66 Brand Director in Houston, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Brand Director will be responsible for directing one of the three fuel brands – Phillips 66, Conoco or 76. The director is responsible for representing the fuel brand both to consumers and within the company by defining and refining brand strategy, then optimizing its execution in market. This includes working with the advertising agency to develop messaging that performs at above normative levels, making an efficient and effective media buy, optimizing the activation of existing sponsorships, designing volume-building promotions, and working with Payment Systems Marketing to best utilize mobile payment, credit cards and a rewards program to build loyalty to the brand.
Responsibilities may include :
- Being the brand champion and building long-term brand equity/value
- Managing brand strategy, tactical implementation and expenditures
- Managing agency relationships and developing advertising campaigns that can be easily integrated with through-the-line execution and optimized at each consumer touch point
- Owning and developing key relationships with sponsors – internal and external partners
- Building trust with internal stakeholders including sales personnel, B2B/Programs management as they build business with major external stakeholders
- Working with sales to create strategies to grow or differentiate the brands within a region
- Aligning efforts to support and augment, as appropriate, corporate efforts and standards, especially with Phillips 66 because this brand bears the name of the company
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years of Marketing, Communications or other relevant experience
- Communication & Presentation Skills: 7 or more years of experience communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, to ensure common understanding
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 6 or more years of experience working with creative agencies and developing media plans
- Experience in oil and gas industry
- Strong understanding of marketing in the regions where our brands have presence
- Experience working with consumer research groups to determine appropriate research methodologies for addressing business issues
- Experience executing a brand strategy in market with measurable results
- Strong negotiating abilities to get efficient fee structure for sponsorships, agency fees, etc.
- Financial aptitude with disciplined budget and cost management experience plus considerable experience demonstrating ROI for marketing efforts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively handle competing priorities through strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates urgency to achieve objectives with little to no direct guidance and consistently delivers on commitments
- Strategic thinking skills; able to create new opportunities/challenge current business
- Teamwork: demonstrated success working in team environments to achieve exceptional results
- Flexibility: ability to change course quickly, does not get frustrated in a changing environment
- Systems: advanced proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to gather and interpret data from different systems
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 19, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48299
Department: US Marketing
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Brand Management