Phillips 66 2019 University MBA New Hire - Finance in Houston, Texas
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . FIND A HOME FOR YOUR MANY TALENTS .
Phillips 66 is dedicated to helping University New Hires make a smooth transition into the professional world. That is why we have developed career-specific programs designed to give you the tools you need to maximize your potential and succeed in your new career.
Our Finance function is responsible for translating business events into the financial story for Phillips 66. We also partner with our business leaders to provide information and insight used to make important business decisions.
As a Phillips 66 Finance University MBA New Hire , whether assigned to a key corporate staff group or to a specific business unit, you will be responsible for providing financial, strategic, competitive, and decision support analysis to senior management in service of developing or executing the Phillips 66 strategy.
- MBA assignments may include positions in the following groups: Treasury, Investment Appraisal, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations, Long Range Planning & Budgets, Master Limited Partnerships (MLP), or Marketing.
- A core element of the Phillips 66 strategy is building and maintaining a high-performing organization. To help achieve this, Phillips 66 provides an MBA Talent Management Team (TMT) for its MBA employee population to help manage careers and develop future leaders.
- Exposure to various systems will give you experience working in Excel, SAP, Right Angle, Sales Force, and SharePoint, to name a few.
- Start your career at our headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities may include:
- Recommending appropriate strategies to maximize shareholder return, including share repurchase, dividend growth, or other opportunities
- Assisting a business unit with management reporting and analysis
- Building financial models to aid in long-term growth planning for parent company or Phillips 66 Partners, Phillips 66’s MLP
- Analyzing corporate or counterparty risk and putting a plan in place to mitigate exposure
- Evaluating internal or external projects and providing management with information to make well-informed investment decisions
Leading a business unit process improvement effort
Requirements for a Phillips 66 University New Hire:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing an MBA with strong economic and financial analysis skills
- Graduating in December 2018 or May 2019
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship, co-op participant or work experience in a related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Undergraduate technical (Engineering, Applied Sciences, etc.) and/or financial (Finance, Accounting, Economics) degree
- Strong economic and financial analysis skills with modeling capabilities
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion in assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 46262
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No