Phillips 66 Pipeliner - Hobbs, NM in Hobbs, New Mexico
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Pipeliner works independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes within the Midstream business unit. Processes involved may or may not use hazardous and volatile materials under high temperature and pressure. Typical working conditions include outside weather and elements, heat, pressure, noise, vibration, rotating equipment, and occasionally working from heights and confined spaces. Operators must follow safe work practices including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This position will be based out of Hobbs, NM.
Responsibilities may include :
- Performing routine pipeline maintenance.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
- Responding promptly and effectively to customer needs.
- Responding to emergencies and assisting in maintaining emergency equipment.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (Computer Based Training).
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with pipeline customers and vendors.
- Performing environmental, company and regulatory checks as necessary.
- Eliminating, containing and reporting any and all product and/or crude leaks, seeps and spills.
- Monitoring and enforcing safety rules at facilities.
- Identifying and promptly communicating operational and equipment problems to supervisor and/or completing trouble reports.
- Assisting with construction and maintenance projects.
- Operating valves.
- Identifying and pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Willing to work outside immediate area.
This is a union represented position.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with the following, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Climb up to 20 feet using both inclined and vertical ladders
Lift up to 69 pounds
Push and pull forces up to 100 pounds
Operate a forklift
Respond to emergency calls as needed
Remain on call as needed
Work overtime on an as-needed basis
Work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
Work with chemicals and bases
Wear personal protective equipment such as fire-retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection
Maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly, i.e., to be clean shaven (facial hair)
Perform firefighting duties
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry level test.
- 3 or more years of direct operational experience in the oil and gas industry
- Relevant military experience
- Safety and environmental alertness, promoting a safe work environment by complying with all procedures, rules and regulations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 13, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48247
Location: United States - New Mexico - Hobbs
Job Field: Maintenance