Phillips 66 Measurement Technician - Goldsmith, TX in Goldsmith, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Measurement Technician is based out of Goldsmith, TX. and works independently and with others to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness.
Responsibilities May Include
• Ensure accurate custody transfer of crude oil, natural gas liquids, clean products, truck rack operations and high volatile liquids for intra and intercompany movements in adherence with established Phillips 66 Pipeline policies and guidelines, applicable regulations and industry accepted standards.
• Understands the methods of measurements used for custody transfer.
• Has working knowledge of laboratory tests and procedures used to monitor and to certify products.
• Has practical knowledge of tanks, tank measurement Monitors, analyzes, reports, and drives improvement of pipeline and terminal movements.
• Understands most common forms of measurement including the use of positive displacement meters, mass flow meters, turbine meters, and solids handling measurement and various tank measurement methods and systems.
• Works with management and project group to define and prioritize measurement improvement projects.
• Interfaces with other internal, external and third party industry measurement related contacts/resources.
• Work closely with the Loss Control group on issues that relate to measurement accuracy of crude oil.
• Drives measurement improvements and processes Self Starter that is willing to seek out additional job duties under own guidance.
• Operate and maintain a DOT covered truck and trailer will be required.
• Work up projects and seek agreement for possible inclusion into future Budgets.
• Perform monthly Pipelines/Terminal gain/loss analysis Investigate instances of mis-measurement; computing adjustments and negotiate with other companies when necessary to settle difference in adjusted volumes.
• Review and participate in testing of new measurement technology with outside vendors to maintain accuracy in line with current industry technological developments.
• Participate in the development of Phillips 66’s Measurement Plans for the phase out of obsolescent technology and implementation of new technologies to ensure measurement processes adequately support the operational and financial needs of the company.
• Provide resolution suggestions regarding measurement system failures, including hands on troubleshooting and repairs when required.
• Ensure implementation of system upgrades.
• Provides input/suggestions into development of Phillips 66 Pipeline measurement standards to promote measurement uniformity and compliance with API measurement standards while keeping abreast of measurement trends and technology advances.
• Ensure roll-out and implementation of new measurement initiatives and policies and procedures.
• Review/audit metering systems to ensure end-to-end integrity and accuracy Review proving factors, flow computer and LC computations, data transmission, SCADA computations.
• Schedule calibrations, inspections, audits, and other related activities with facility supervisors and other third parties.
• Participate as witness to all company and third party prover water draws.
Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Maintain a valid driver's license
Willing and able to, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform/comply with following:
To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs range from 5 to 40 feet in height
To raise and transport articles weighing up to 40 pounds
To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To travel up to 25% of the time
To wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
To be on call
Associates Degree or higher in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation, Industrial Electronics or related technical degree
Maintain a Commercial Driver’s License
2 or more years of experience working in oil and gas operations
2 or more years of experience in liquid measurement (volumetric, meter-based measurement systems, turbine meters, positive displacement meters, ultrasonic, etc)
Working knowledge of meter provers (portable and stationary)
Working knowledge of flow computers
Working knowledge of API Bulk Oil Handling Guidelines
Working knowledge of API measurement standards
Leadership ability in safety, environmental and regulatory practices
Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel
Our Midstream segment provides crude oil and refined product transportation, terminaling and processing services, as well as natural gas liquids (NGL) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) transportation, storage, processing and marketing services, mainly in the United States. This segment includes our master limited partnership, Phillips 66 Partners LP, as well as our 50 percent equity investment in DCP Midstream, LLC. As of December 31, 2017 our transportation business managed over 21,000 miles of pipeline systems, 40 finished product terminals, 38 storage locations, 19 crude oil terminals, 5 LPG terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,300 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $58 billion of assets as of March 31, 2019. For more information, visit http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 23, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 51013
Location: Texas - Goldsmith
Job Field: Operations