Phillips 66 Mechanical Technician in Denver, Colorado
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Mechanical Technicia n is responsible for performing maintenance and repair on pipeline pump station and terminal equipment, which includes propane fired engines, diesel-fired engines, motors, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, compressors, meters, valves, and other mechanical related equipment. conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction projects. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance. The Mechanical Technician will report directly to the Mechanical Supervisor and work directly out of Commerce City, Colorado.
Responsibilities may include :
- Ensuring the safe, effective and efficient performance of maintenance and operation activities in accordance with Company standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and directives.
- Performing work on air pollution control equipment.
- Performing required preventive and corrective maintenance on various types of equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Identifying maintenance work and initiating work requests.
- Driving a company owned vehicle within assigned area.
- Training less experienced employees and overseeing the work of contract personnel.
- Writing procedures, instructions, training materials and safety and operating permits.
- Diagnosing any problems.
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Maintaining current and accurate documentation of maintenance activities.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Responding to emergencies and maintaining emergency response preparedness.
- Performing troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, calibrations and replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Performing equipment monitoring and maintenance documentation.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submission of appropriate reports.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical and technical administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Responding to emergencies and participate in Emergency Response Training.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising and directing contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training.
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Complying with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations, and safety policies and procedures.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience changing mechanical seals and general pump knowledge
- Must maintain valid driver's license
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability and willingness to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Climb various ladders and stairs 5 to 40 feet in height to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment
Raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain as needed
Work outside in harsh weather conditions
Work alone a high percentage of the time
Make long commutes to work in a remote area
Travel at least 15 percent of the time
Be on call 24 hours a day and work scheduled or unscheduled overtime on an as-needed basis
Wear fire-retardant clothing and other personal protective equipment, such as steel-toe shoes and ear and eye protection
Ability to obtain all required OQ’s on assigned task
Complete pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations
Perform pipeline valve maintenance and repair
- Certified Diesel mechanic
- 2 or more years of maintenance/mechanical experience in oil and gas field operations or similar production environment
- 2 or more years of experience with rotating equipment
- Basic level of proficiency (perform the skill with limited assistance) with Outlook, Excel, Word, and SAP
- Working knowledge of code requirements, including OSHA, Process Safety Management and Department of Transportation
- Certified Level 1 vibration analysis or willingness to attain Level 1 or higher certification
- Experience working with electric digital and analog circuitry including drawings and schematics
- Ability to obtain environmental method 9 certification
- Willingness to be trained to perform basic technical task such as Rosemount transmitter calibrations, Allen Bradley PLC’s, electrical motors and starters, Rotork actuator installation and maintenance
- Experience with Norberg, Sterling, and Caterpillar engines
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 17, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48265
Location: United States - Colorado - Denver
Job Field: Maintenance