Phillips 66 Unit / Area Inspector - Borger Refinery in Borger, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Unit / Area Inspector is a member of the Mechanical Integrity group who maintains a high level of fixed equipment safety and reliability while maintaining compliance with Industry Codes and Standards. This position ensures activities are consistent with Phillips 66 Mechanical Integrity Standards, Phillips 66 Core Values and aligned with Borger Refinery goals.
Role will require that you obtain an API 570 Certification within 2 years of being hired.
Responsibilities may include :
- Executing the fixed equipment inspection program under the guidance of the Chief Inspector
- Providing direction, planning for routine and Turnaround maintenance activities
- Implementing continuous improvement of inspection planning systems, processes and programs
- Ensuring reliable unit runs by proactive inspections, accurate records/reports and timely recommendations
- Managing MI Inspections with Industry Standards, P66 REP’s, P66 Mechanical Integrity Required Standards and Inspection Procedures by Unit Inspectors
- Supporting the integration of reliability and risk based Inspection Plans into the planning process for routine maintenance and turnarounds
- Utilizing conflict resolution to build a high performance as a member of the Mechanical Integrity group
- Participating in area safety teams, incident investigations, and environmental processes
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- 3 or more years of experience in Refining
- Beginner level or proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation to:
Climb up to 200 feet in height
Work outdoors including in inclement weather conditions
Wear personal protective equipment
- 10 or more years of experience in petrochemical plant or refining inspection
- 5 or more years of experience in inspection
- Working knowledge of PCMS and API RBI
- Working knowledge of general inspection processes and programs
- Working knowledge of PSM and MI procedures and expectations
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Certifications in API 510, API 570, and API 653
- Certifications in AWS, ASNT, NACE
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
The Borger Refinery is located in Borger, Texas, in the Texas Panhandle approximately 50 miles northeast of Amarillo. The refinery processes 148 mbpd of light and medium gravity sour crudes plus fractionates 30 mbpd of mixed natural gas liquids. The Borger Refinery produces LPG and motor fuels products for the Rocky Mountains, West Texas and Central U.S. market areas. Additionally, the Borger Refinery produces pentane and heptane solvents for specialty products applications.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $53 billion of assets as of Sept. 30, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 17, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48250
Department: Borger Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Borger
Job Field: Maintenance