Phillips 66 Quality Control Inspector - Borger Refinery in Borger, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector monitors mechanical work in progress to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards. The goal of a QC Inspector is to evaluate completed work for compliance with applicable codes, standards and job requirements.
Responsibilities may include :
- Reviewing mechanical drawings for code compliance
- Reviewing Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) requirements for piping repairs and Pressure Vessel Approval Repairs (PVAR) for repairs to pressure vessels, exchangers, tanks, piping, furnaces for compliance with Codes, Company Standards, and all RAGAGEP requirements
- Documenting and controlling of NDE’s and PVAR’s
- Functioning as the in-plant Inspection contact for outside State Boiler Agency
- Coordinating radiography, and post weld heat treatment activities
- Material receiving inspection, Positive Metal Identification, Hardness Testing coordination
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 or more years of refining and/or chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of ASME piping and vessel codes
- Working knowledge of API Standards pertaining to pressure vessels, tanks, and piping
- Working knowledge of Division I and VIII Boiler Codes
- Willingness to wear fire-retardant clothing and personal protective equipment such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection
- Willingness to work outdoors and possibly in inclement weather conditions
- Willingness to lift and transport material (up to 50 pounds), bend, stoop, perform moderate labor, work in confined spaces and work at various levels above ground
- Computer proficient with Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, SAP, Upipe or PCMS
- Basic knowledge in metallurgy and welding
- Working knowledge of Niton, positive metal analyzer
- Working knowledge of MIC10, hardness tester
- CWI Certification
- API 510, API 570
- NBIC Certification
- Working knowledge of Texas Boiler Codes and laws
- Working knowledge in shop fabrication inspection
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Borger Refinery is located in Borger, Texas, in the Texas Panhandle approximately 50 miles northeast of Amarillo. The refinery processes 148 mbpd of light and medium gravity sour crudes plus fractionates 30 mbpd of mixed natural gas liquids. The Borger Refinery produces LPG and motor fuels products for the Rocky Mountains, West Texas and Central U.S. market areas. Additionally, the Borger Refinery produces pentane and heptane solvents for specialty products applications.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 17, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48202
Department: Borger Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Borger
Job Field: Maintenance