Phillips 66 Chemical and Rail Coordinator - Borger Refinery in Borger, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Chemical and Rail Coordinator is accountable for managing the Chemicals and Specialty businesses as they involve the refinery. This position is the main contact for the Solvents, Sulfur, Coke, and Rail businesses to coordinate logistics, communicate requests, concerns, and opportunities to the refinery.
Responsibilities may include :
- Working with the Optimization group to make the most economical decisions while weighing in any contractual or customer concerns.
- Tracking commodities and their production and movements to ensure that the business plans can be met by Operations.
- Accountable for all intermediate inventories of these commodities at all times and provides input to the Production Planner for End-of-Year Inventory Management activities.
- Developing a weekly and monthly production plan for commodities and providing information to the Production Planner for incorporation into the plant-wide plans.
- Ensuring that the effects of chemicals and solvents are accurately represented in the pre-turnaround inventory build plan, the turnaround operating plan, and post-turnaround recovery plan to prepare of upcoming turnarounds.
- This is a VERY relationship-based position working directly with and focusing on the relationship with ChevronPhillips chemical company (CPChem) adjacent to the Refinery.
- Maintaining daily communications for logistics, nomination tracking vs actual performance and understanding differences.
- Maintaining two documents that guide decisions regarding responsibilities of the Chemical Coordinator, contained in the CPC Contracts folder.
- Working directly with counterpart at CPChem, with similar responsibilities. Cooperation is essential between these two roles to ensure the refinery is as successful as it can be.
- Coordinating all involvement that the refinery has with the production and shipping of Solvents for our P66 Solvents business.
- The key activities involved with this role are:
unit performance tracking
pricing and billing
participation on the Solvents Specification Team
coke train coordination
sulfur shipment coordination
rail road logistics coordination
Coordinating all refinery involvement with the railcars, rail road, and logistics of railed commodities (specifically coke and sulfur).
- Key point of contact for the refinery with the P66 Truck and Rail group.
- Key point of contact for the P66 Coke and Sulfur Sales teams, and the Panhandle Northern Railroad (PNR).
- Key point of contact for the refinery with the P66 Solvents group, and all communications and business involvement should traffic through this position.
- General communications are funneled through this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- 5 or more years of experience in a refinery/petrochemical/industrial operating environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Possess demonstrated abilities in self-motivation and problem-solving
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently or as an effective team member
- SAP experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Borger Refinery is located in Borger, Texas, in the Texas Panhandle approximately 50 miles northeast of Amarillo. The refinery processes 148 mbpd of light and medium gravity sour crudes plus fractionates 30 mbpd of mixed natural gas liquids. The Borger Refinery produces LPG and motor fuels products for the Rocky Mountains, West Texas and Central U.S. market areas. Additionally, the Borger Refinery produces pentane and heptane solvents for specialty products applications.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May28, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 50416
Department: Borger Refinery
Location: United States - Texas - Borger
Job Field: Business Development