Phillips 66 Mechanic Craftsman II (Rotating Equipment) in Billings, Montana
The Mechanic Craftsman II works independently and with others to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. The Mechanic is responsible for maintenance and repair of rotating equipment with emphasis on troubleshooting, diagnosing, inspection, repair to equipment including pumps, seals, fans, reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes and valves. Manual machining may include lathe, milling, and grinding.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing all work for which they are qualified, related to repairing, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting and servicing a wide variety of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gearboxes, etc.
- Maintaining and operating all equipment and tools to support and maintain required skills
- Reviews work prior to start and has material, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of productivity
- Reviews and interprets technical manuals/procedures/specifications as needed to perform proper maintenance and repairs to equipment
- Sustaining a well-kept and orderly site in the performance of all work duties
- Working in a team environment and assist other personnel in accomplishing tasks and major projects
- Climbing of equipment and the ability to work in confined spaces at elevated heights is occasionally required as is the ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Performing all duties in compliance with our Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System, applicable government regulations, industry best practices, and all other Phillips 66 policies and/or regulations
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Willing to work overtime
- Ability to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, work permits, instruction manuals
- Climb up to 250 feet in height
- Lift and transport materials (up to 64 pounds), bend, stoop, perform moderate manual labor, work in confined spaces, climb, and work at various levels above the ground
- Follow safe work practices and procedures
- Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to steel-toe shoes, ear protection, eye protection, fire retardant clothing, hand protection, and head protection
- Work outdoors including in inclement weather conditions
- Work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
- Work around chemicals, including acids and bases, that may be under high pressure and heat
- To work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
- Perform firefighting duties as needed
- Experience overhauling large centrifugal and reciprocating compressors
- 3 or more years of experience repairing and maintaining refinery or chemical plant rotating equipment including pumps, seals, fans, reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes.
- Certified level 1 or higher Vibration Technician
- Ability to work all aspects of a pump shop precision repair program including parts fabrication and machining, seal and bearing installation, balancing and alignment
- Vocational or Technical schooling in a Mechanical or Maintenance field
- Journeyman Machinist or Millwright
- Five or more years direct experience working as a Maintenance Mechanic in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The Billings Refinery is located near the Yellowstone River and is a few blocks from downtown Billings, the largest city in Montana. The refinery primarily processes a mixture of Canadian light crudes, and heavy Canadian high-sulfur and medium-sulfur crudes. These crudes are delivered by the company-operated Glacier pipeline system, which is connected to third-party systems. A delayed coker converts heavy, high-sulfur vacuum residue into higher-value light oils. Gasoline demand is highly seasonal, with peak demand in the summer driving season. Distillate fuel demand is more constant, but generally increases due to seasonal agricultural and mining activity spring through fall, in addition to normal year-round on-road and railroad demand. There is little home heating oil demand in the Billings marketing area, as this need is primarily met with propane, natural gas, and electric power.
Finished petroleum products from the refinery are delivered by the company-operated Yellowstone, Seminoe, Pioneer, and Cheyenne pipelines, and by rail and truck to markets in Montana, Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Supplying these geographically distinct markets presents a special challenge due to the variation in gasoline octane and summer vapor pressure specifications from region to region.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet/No.1 fuel oil, Propane, Carbon Black Oil, Fuel Coke, Asphalt Blendstock
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 62,000 BPD, Gasoline Production Capacity: 40,000 BPD, Distillate Production Capacity: 20,000 BPD
To be considered :
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 3/31/2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49745
Department: Billings Refinery
Location: United States - Montana - Billings
Job Field: Maintenance