Phillips 66 2019 Technical New Hire - Midstream Instrumentation & Electrical Technician Trainee in Billings, Montana
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . FIND A HOME FOR YOUR MANY TALENTS .
Phillips 66 is dedicated to helping College New Hires make a smooth transition into the professional world. That is why we have developed career-specific programs designed to give you the tools you need to maximize your potential and succeed in your new career.
Our Midstream operations gathers, processes, transports, fractionates and markets natural gas and natural gas liquids. In addition, the segment transports crude oil and other feedstocks to our refineries and other locations, delivering refined and specialty products to market while providing storage services for crude oil and petroleum products. This segment consists of three business lines: NGL, Transportation and DCP Midstream which is comprised of owned and leased logistics assets that each provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe transfer of products through pipeline systems, terminals, and fractionation units.
As a Phillips 66 Midstream Instrumentation & Electrical Technician Trainee New Hire you will participate in our Tech Trainee Developmental Program which assists in preparing you to assume full electrical, mechanical and maintenance responsibilities for the area to which you are assigned.
- This developmental program will take 12-18 months to complete and is combined with one-on-one mentorship and direct hands-on field operations.
- You will learn about Phillips 66 company and industry information while participating in one-on-one training with experienced Technicians.
- Some study may be required outside of normal working hours to stay on task with completion of the program.
- Trainees are responsible for ensuring that they communicate with supervisors to stay on track with the program and discuss progress or actions need to continue development.
- Job assignments could be located nationwide within any of our 6 Midstream Regions.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 University New Hire:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation Technology, Electrical Technology or similar
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to relocate nationwide to any of our 6 Midstream Regions
- Willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation:
To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
To lift up to 45 pounds
To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work alone a high percentage of the time
To travel up to 15% of the time
To respond to emergency calls as needed
To work overtime on an as-needed basis
To work with chemicals and bases
To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. ie to be clean shaven (facial hair)
To perform firefighting duties
To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion in assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 49481
Location: United States - Montana - Billings
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: Yes