Phillips 66 Machinist - Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Maintenance Machinist is responsible for maintaining, testing and troubleshooting machinery in the refinery. Work involves the use of hand and power tools and necessary diagnostic equipment. The employee must, in the opinion of his/her supervisor, possess the fitness and ability to perform the tasks responsibly under normal supervision.
Responsibilities May Include
• Follow all Alliance Refinery Safe Practices and Procedures.
• Communicate all safety concerns and incidents to supervisor immediately.
• Communicates work status, findings, and improvement opportunities.
• Obtains appropriate work permits and performs a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to starting work.
• Use refinery network, SAP, procedures, and refinery documents.
• Maintain and complete records, forms, and documents.
• Properly utilize rigging equipment including overhead hoists and lifting devices.
• Complete tasks as deemed qualified.
• Sustain a well-kept and orderly worksite in performance of all work duties.
• Properly use precision measuring tools.
• *Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs maintenance tasks on machinery and machinery components.
• *Read and interpret technical drawings and manuals including mechanical seal drawings.
• *Understands and performs basic vibration monitoring (basic vibration pen monitoring).
• *Operates all machine shop equipment as required to complete assignments, including parts cleaning equipment.
• *Perform close tolerance work on metal machining equipment such as lathes, mills, drill presses, saws, grinders, etc.
• *Cut and heat machinery components including couplings.
• *Align equipment to industry standards using dial indicators or laser alignment equipment.
• *Perform rotating equipment lubrication maintenance.
• *Clean, test, and repair lube and seal oil systems.
• *Balance rotating equipment rotors using an electronic balancing machine.
• *Manufacture and/or repair non-machinery components.
• *Operates all available mobile equipment including aerial lifts, scissor lifts, fork lifts, and drotts.
• *Supports repair and/or troubleshooting of valves.
• *Perform pipefitting associated with machinery repairs including isolation blinds.
For candidates coming in at Non-Journeyman level, Items marked with * indicate items generally performed while working with fully qualified Machinists until candidate is qualified on this duty and/or responsibility.
As a nationally recruited non-exempt role, this position is eligible for relocation assistance per the Phillips 66 Non-Exempt Relocation Policy. Candidates must meet eligibility requirements, including: The distance over the shortest, most commonly traveled route from your former home to your new principal work location must be at least 50 miles farther than from your former home to your former principal place of work. If you are a new hire and do not have a former principal place of work, the distance from your former home to your new principal work location must be at least 50 miles.
Listed below are the basic required qualifications for the Non-Journeyman level Maintenance Machinist. Selected candidates will be hired at either the Non-Journeyman or journeyman level based on their qualifications.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid driver's license
• High School diploma or GED
• Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
• At least ONE of the following: N.C.C.E.R. Industrial Millwright certification; other IBC Machinery related certification; completion of a relevant industrial trade school program; completion of a recognized machinery apprentice program; three or more years of recent machinery experience working in a refinery or petrochemical facility
• Experience with applicable codes and standards
• Must be willing and able, with or without accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
o Work overtime (including weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts)
o Lift up to 50 pounds
o Work in enclosed spaces such as tanks and silos
o Work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines
o Climb up to 200 feet in height; work at elevated heights
o Work around chemicals, including acids and bases
o Wear Nomex fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear/eye protection)
o Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly
o Ability to be on call and respond to callouts during off hours due to business necessity
o Work outside in harsh weather conditions
o Ability to lift, climb, walk, kneel, and squat on a regular basis
• N.C.C.E.R. Industrial Millwright Certification
• Industrial Trade School Certification
• Recognized Apprentice Program
• Five years or more of direct experience working in a refinery and/or chemical plant
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience with SAP’s Maintenance Module
The Alliance Refinery is located on the Mississippi River in Belle Chasse, Louisiana, approximately 25 miles southeast of New Orleans, Louisiana. The singletrain facility includes crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, alkylation, hydrodesulfurization, aromatics and delayed coking units. It processes mainly light and medium, low-sulfur crude oil. The refinery receives domestic crude oil through a combination of pipelines, marine transportation and terminals. The refinery produces a high percentage of transportation fuels. Other products include petrochemical feedstocks, home heating oil and anodegrade petroleum coke. Refined products are distributed to customers in the southeastern and eastern United States through major pipeline systems and by barge. Refined products are exported primarily to Latin America by waterborne cargo.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,300 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $58 billion of assets as of March 31, 2019. For more information, visit http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 26, 2019
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 51377
Location: Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Job Field: Maintenance